[Starlingx-discuss] [TSC] TSC minutes - May 9th

Jolliffe, Ian Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com
Wed May 15 17:28:03 UTC 2019

Hi all;

FYI – I won’t be on the call tomorrow due to a conflict.  If one of the TSC members could capture the notes, that would be great.

Election next steps
Stay tuned for now
Election team working to get everything set up
Distro discussion from the PTG:
                Reviewed some charts from the PTG that Brent put together.  Healthy discussion – need a place to continue the discussion – multi-OS is the place along with mailing list.
Next steps for release policy?
Take a pass thru etherpad and then post a review in gov
We had a great discussion on software upgrade (from rel 2->3) at the PTG.  What are the next steps?
need to review scope and effort, and options in terms of what we can do.
need to review options and what we need to in context of next release
revisit as part of prioritization activities
Follow up on the discussion of VM RAM impact from the community meeting.  Is there value / interest in defining a "Minimal" configuration option that would be a copy of    Simplex but with smaller footprint?
How to enable new user to try the stack with minimal resources
               is there a proposal on how to change or make this better?
Use cases that haven't been imagined - that need to be enabled -
Curtis - The project will always get questions about the amount of resources to run the STX "control plane", and we would want to make that as small as reasonably possible
Outcome of wrsroot replacement, also need to replace wrs_protected as group
Replacement would be sysadmin as the user sysprotected as group – agreed to by those on the call
2 deployment tools in gerrit review -> tools-contrib?
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/656002/ - this is currently in starlingx/tools
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/637958/ - this is currently starlingx/tools
Is the issue which repo these are being posted to?  What is the difference between tools and tools-contrib?

Regards;

Ian