[Starlingx-discuss] Flock Versioning for packaging

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Wed May 15 19:21:33 UTC 2019

Saul, thank you for sharing this.  I like it a lot.  I'm looking forward to seeing the spec.

Can we / should we extend our support of semantic versioning to the overall release numbering?  We're already on that track - we are doing our 2.0 release now, which is an API level release from stx.2018.10 which we could consider our 1.0 release.  If we call it 2.0.0, we'd be on track to continue following the versioning requirements going forward.

I think clearly communicating API changes to our users would be very helpful.

     brucej