[Starlingx-discuss] About Nginx worker process number

Wang, Yi C yi.c.wang at intel.com
Thu May 16 12:50:28 UTC 2019

Hi Brent,

I am working on the bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1823803 which is about large nginx worker process number. With current starlingx code, there are three nginx ingress controllers, one for kube-system namespace ingress, one for openstack namespace ingress, and the last one for mariadb.  Each controller creates  as many worker processes as the number of cores.

I have initialized three patches to fix this issue. I have no idea about how much the workload of the three ingress controllers will be, so I temporally set the number of worker processes as 1.  Do your experts have any suggestions on this setting? Thanks.
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/659456
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/659533
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/659464

BR