[Starlingx-discuss] Community Meeting Nodes May 15 2019

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Wed May 15 14:52:02 UTC 2019

*         Test strategy review (Ian)
*         [brucej] We have not had a passing Sanity for some time. There are numerous issues.  Many thanks to the folks debugging them.  Can we / should we take additional steps to get back to passing Sanity?

  *   The Release team recommends that we limit code checkins to bug fixes until we have passing Sanity in both test labs.

  *   What work would this impact?  We have quite a bit of work left on the Container feature(s) - the target for code merge is June 6th three weeks from now.  Delaying those checkins.  OVS update in a container is also in flight.  Ansible work is in except for SDK work which can be delayed.  OVS Firewall has merged and testing in progress.

  *   Let's tag the issues impacting Sanity with stx.sanity.  Ghada to tag the issues below. Test teams to tag them as new issues are found.

  *   Do we want to allow check-in of non-Sanity bugs or limit check-ins to only Sanity impacting features.

  *   Hoping to see a Yellow Sanity today and a Green(ish) Sanity on Friday.

  *   For this week please limit check-ins to Sanity tagged issues or Critical/High defects.
?  If a team needs a exception to this short term policy, feel free to raise the issue on the mailing list.  Release team can grant approval.
*         (Ghada) Summary of sanity/critical issues:

  *   Ceph api synchronization issue: Application upload / application apply hanging
?  https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1827521
?  https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1828899
?  https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1828059
?  A ceph upstream fix was identified and merged in starlingx on May 14. PR: https://github.com/starlingx-staging/stx-ceph/pull/30
?  The following two LPs are also suspected to be the same root-cause:  (needs review/retest):
*         https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1828729
*         https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1828863

  *   rbd provisioner preventing application apply
?    https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1828896
?  Review is in progress. Workaround documented in the LP.

  *   Issues with pci-nova-irq-agent - two issues reported affecting sanity
?  controller in degraded state: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1828877
*         Zhipeng is working on fix
?  nodes failing after unlock: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1828903
*         May be an issue with when the stx build was done by the reporter. Reporter needs to retest.

  *   Issues w/ nova
?  A recent commit back-ported to nova stein is causing issues with VM launches
*         nova bug opened by Gerry Kopec: https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1829062
*         The issue was also reported by the test team via: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1829060
o    This stx bug will be used to point the stx docker image builds to the stx nova fork (since it has an older snapshot of the stein branch).
o    The plan is for the stx nova fork to be rebased at a regular cadence (frequency?). The stx.disto.openstack team will need to monitor the nova bug above to ensure a fix is available before the next rebase of the fork.

  *   Any other issues?
*         [brucej] The distro.openstack weekly call has not had many participants.  Is there a conflict or some other issue?   Likely due to vacations.