[Starlingx-discuss] Limit memory usage on Virtual Environment

Lemus Contreras, Cristopher J cristopher.j.lemus.contreras at intel.com
Mon May 20 21:56:56 UTC 2019

Using CENGN image from May/15, we observed that memory usage on virtual environment is no longer topped. i.e., a standard (2+2) configuration with a full setup:

Controller-0 (Active)
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:            23G        4.6G         11G         48M        7.5G         17G
Swap:            0B          0B          0B

Controller-1 (standby)
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:            23G        1.6G         18G         10M        3.4G         21G
Swap:            0B          0B          0B

Compute-0
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:            31G        601M         28G        9.3M        2.0G         30G
Swap:            0B          0B          0B

Compute-1
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:            31G        554M         28G         16M        2.0G         30G
Swap:            0B          0B          0B

Even when we assigned 24GB/32GB to the VMs, the usage is considerably low.

Thanks for the assistance on this.

Regards,

Cristopher Lemus