[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: StarlingX Networking Meeting - 05/16

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Wed May 22 00:09:04 UTC 2019

Meeting minutes/agenda are captured at:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-networking

Team Meeting Agenda/Notes - May 16/2019

Networking Test Status
- Regression
        - Elio working on completing the regression test plan
        - Test execution will start on June 17
- Sanity
        - Identified 7-8 networking TCs to be included in the regular sanity suite
        - Basic ping and ssh connections between VM instances
        - Expect to have TCs be executed in sanity starting next week
- Feature
        - ovs-dpdk Firewall
             - Test plan ready; waiting for a stable load to execute
        - Containerized OVS
             - Waiting until we have a container with the 2.11 version of openvswitch
        - OVS Process Monitoring
             - Test plan ready; waiting for a stable load to execute

Bugs
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1820115  (Huifeng): patch (https://review.opendev.org/#/c/657557  ) in review, need comments from teresa on address_pool
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1824829  (Cheng)
        - the fix patch is in review, has +1 from Joseph, need +2 to merge -- need Matt to review
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1819400   (Cheng), merged
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1825275  (Cheng) merged
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1821150 (Cheng), merged
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1827438  -- perfer to assign to someone w/ gui expertise
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1822366  (Chenjie) -- trying to reproduce
- Ghada to follow up on bugs assigned to Joseph

Add support for multus and sriov CNI, device plugins (Chenjie)
- Related Story: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005208   (in progress by Steve Webster)
- StarlingX needs to add support for bind/unbind drivers for sriov+dpdk when image nfvpe/sriov-cni (https://hub.docker.com/r/nfvpe/sriov-cni ) is updated to latest code
        - sriov cni removed the support for bind/unbind drivers : https://github.com/intel/sriov-cni/commit/ca31173989fa555320f2d29ca2757a321b2d6970
- For now, StarlingX is ok because we are using an older version of the sriov-cni image. Need to determine what to do in STX if we want to move to a newer version.
        - Do we want to stick with the current image for stx.2.0?

Neutron Patch upstreaming
- Populate binding levels when concurrent ops fail: https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1755810
        - Patch merged: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/606827/   (Kailun)

- Port Forwarding for Floating IP is not in openstack client
        - https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2004924
        - This is already being worked by the community under: https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1811352

- Containerized OVS
        - Given the 2.11 is now merged on the host, this work  can start.
        - Estimate is 3wks. If starting next week, forecast would be June 7 (which is MS-3 for the containers features). Action: Forrest/Cheng to confirm

stx.3.0 Networking Features:
- Need to start looking at this

Regards,
Ghada