[Starlingx-discuss] Upgrading the StarlingX kernel version to CentOS 4.18

zhao.shuai zhaos at neusoft.com
Sun Nov 3 13:32:57 UTC 2019

Hi Saul, Haitao, Shuicheng,
	Thank you for your hard work and positive response.
	As you suggested in the last StarlingX non-OpenStack distro meeting,
	Our team should use Google Docs Or gitHub to show our progress and results in a more real-time way.
	Recently, we have moved our work and progress reports to Github.
	The StarlingX kernel version to CentOS 4.18 work path is as follows:
		https://github.com/StarlingX-Neusoft/Centos8

	During the porting process, we will update our real-time Q&A information in the documents (StarlingX_CentOS8.0_Kernel_Upgrade_Q&A List.xls).
	We hope that the experts in the community can check the problems we have when you have time.
	If you can get your advice, we will be very honored. Thank you!

	①	>>Can you explain what you are referring to when you say Patch4000*, I
		>>don't know which ones they map to?
	Please see:https://github.com/StarlingX-Neusoft/Centos8/blob/master/Kernel_Upgrade_to_4.18-CentOS8_Analysis_2019-10-31.xlsx
	Sheet: [STX Kernel-std Patches Details]  STD-Status = Patch

	②	>>Do you mean "Binary RPM" here?  We should be trying to use the latest
		>>binary RPMs from CentOS-8 (el8).
	Yes, we hope to try this way.
	Please see: https://github.com/StarlingX-Neusoft/Centos8/tree/master/cgcs-root/stx

	③	>>We want to fully understand what patches are changing or what additional
		>>patches you think you need to add.
	Please see:https://github.com/StarlingX-Neusoft/Centos8/blob/master/Kernel_Upgrade_to_4.18-CentOS8_Analysis_2019-10-31.xlsx
	Sheet: [srpm]  Column E =【CentOS8 SRPM packages(El8)】

	④	>>We need a better method to understand what changes are getting made
		>>between these spreadsheet changes. I am not understanding your actual changes.
	we have moved our work and progress reports to Github.
	Please see: https://github.com/StarlingX-Neusoft/Centos8

	Thank you very much!

Best Regards
Wish you happy everyday!