[Starlingx-discuss] Malformed Depends-On tag can cause unexpected merge

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Nov 12 18:49:45 UTC 2019

On 2019-11-12 18:41:59 +0000 (+0000), Eslimi, Dariush wrote:
> Is it possible to add a zuul check to look for this malformed tag
> ? and also warn the committer about use of deprecated tags?
[...]

You could add some sort of job to look for the mistyped version with
the missing space, I suppose, but that wouldn't catch the myriad of
other ways you could also mistype it. Another common example is
folks using review.openstack.org instead of review.opendev.org in
the hyperlink text (this will similarly cause it not to be used),
but you could just as easily type Depend-On without the "s" or
forget the ":" or use "_" instead of "-" or any of a number of other
possibilities. There is no substitute for attention to detail.
--
Jeremy Stanley