[Starlingx-discuss] How to configure compute note PTP as Master

Peters, Matt Matt.Peters at windriver.com
Fri Nov 8 13:11:35 UTC 2019

Hi Philip,
There is currently no mechanism to configure a specific compute host to be a PTP master.  That would require enhancements to the current PTP configuration since the current default state is to set up only the internal management network as a PTP slave, and currently that configuration cannot be overridden by the user.  We are looking at adding per-interface PTP configuration in the future but depending on the specific device on the compute that you want to configure as a PTP master, it may not specifically address this scenario.

To help clarify the use case:
Can you describe the clocking architecture in more detail?
What is the device that will be on the compute host that will bring in the clocking source?
Are you looking to redistribute the clock from the compute, so that it behaves as a boundary clock or will it be a grand master?