[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call (Nov 20, 2019)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Nov 20 16:31:21 UTC 2019

Notes & actions from today's meeting...

Standing Topics

    - stx.3.0 Gating Bugs
        - total critical/high/medium: 80 https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?search=Search&field.tags_combinator=ALL&field.tag=stx.3.0
        - distro.openstack: 15
            - per Yong, focus is on these now
            - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?search=Search&field.tags_combinator=ALL&field.tag=stx.3.0+stx.distro.openstack
        - security: 14
            - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?search=Search&field.tags_combinator=ALL&field.tag=stx.3.0+stx.security
        - config: 11
            - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?search=Search&field.tags_combinator=ALL&field.tag=stx.3.0+stx.config
        - containers: 24
            - per Frank, looking to get forecasts from the assignees
            - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?search=Search&field.tags_combinator=ALL&field.tag=stx.3.0+stx.containers
        - containers/networking: 2
            - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?search=Search&field.tags_combinator=ALL&field.tag=stx.3.0+stx.containers+stx.networking
        - networking: 5
            - per Huifeng, looking at the high priority bugs now
            - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?search=Search&field.tags_combinator=ALL&field.tag=stx.3.0+stx.networking
        - storage: 5
            - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?search=Search&field.tags_combinator=ALL&field.tag=stx.3.0+stx.storage
        - distcloud: 2
            - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?search=Search&field.tags_combinator=ALL&field.tag=stx.3.0+stx.distcloud
        - metal: 2
            - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?search=Search&field.tags_combinator=ALL&field.tag=stx.3.0+stx.metal
        - fault: 1
            - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?search=Search&field.tags_combinator=ALL&field.tag=stx.3.0+stx.fault
        - update: 1
            - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?search=Search&field.tags_combinator=ALL&field.tag=stx.3.0+stx.update
      - Elio - can we get queries for these to see which bugs require testing / re-testing?
        - Ghada to put the queries here
        - stx.3.0 Opens: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.3.0
        - stx.3.0 Fixed & Retest Needed: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.searchtext=&orderby=-importance&field.status%3Alist=INVALID&field.status%3Alist=WONTFIX&field.status%3Alist=FIXRELEASED&assignee_option=any&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=&field.structural_subscriber=&field.tag=stx.3.0+stx.retestneeded&field.tags_combinator=ALL&field.has_cve.used=&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.affects_me.used=&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_branches.used=&field.has_branches=on&field.has_no_branches.used=&field.has_no_branches=on&field.has_blueprints.used=&field.has_blueprints=on&field.has_no_blueprints.used=&field.has_no_blueprints=on&search=Search

    - Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
        - nothing this week
    - Sanity: any RED since last week?
       - not since the issue we discussed last week
       - last week's issue was ultimately due to a Day 1, intermittent, tiller issue that Bob was able to fix - it was intermittent *and* only seen with certain configs
    - Unanswered Requests for Help on Mailing List
       - Anirudh Gupta: StarlingX 2.0 Release Upgrade Functionality http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-November/006948.html
       - answered now - this is not supported
       - Kris noted that the Doc team is working on a "developer resource" for upversioning from Stein to Train
       - <Kris add the link here>
    - Sai Chandu Behara: not posted yet on mailing list, but...
         - We are facing some issues on Openstack. Openstack is running fine.
         - But, The Main VM is asking for password Change. I have changed the password.
         - After that, Openstack webpage is not accessing. It's getting " Timed out "
         - And when i revert the old snapshot, then openstack webpage is working fine.
         - Is there any connection between VM password and Openstack/openstack webpage. VM also not able to shutdown.
         - Sai Chandu to raise a Launchpad for this issue - no one on the call was able to say what the issue might be.

This Week's Topics

  - stx.3.0
       - Chris L - asked that the 3.0 RC builds are built *before* master --> Scott
       - Doc update: Kristal Dale
          - looking for technical input on some areas, per https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation
          - Kris will send the list out to the mailing list

 - stx.4.0 content planning next steps.
    - Items reviewed at PTG can be found here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx.4.0-feature-candidates
    - release team will build a matrix of features vs. sub-projects/repos to help project review workload

AR Updates

 - Oct 9, 2019 -- Frank -- see if the CENGN access can be opened up to other folks besides Scott & Don so we've got more options to get stuff like this done
     - Nov 30: the access has been granted
 - Sep 11, 2019 -- Bruce -- identify the feature documentation gaps
     - Nov 30: as per Kris' update on the call today
 - July 31, 2019 -- Ada/Yang -- combine sanity runs/reports
     - Nov 30: per Jose, they sorted out their Pytest issues & are now reviewing the results with Yang
 - May 8, 2019 -- Frank -- follow up with CENGN on storage for really large files for reference in Launchpads
     - Nov 20: trial is happening now through next week