[Starlingx-discuss] [docs][meetings] docs team meeting minutes 2019-11-20

Dale, Kristal kristal.dale at intel.com
Thu Nov 21 00:59:05 UTC 2019

Hello All,

Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes.

Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

*  Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
*  Our tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

Cheers,
Kris

Current agenda and notes

2019-11-20

  *   All -- reviews in progress and recent merges --
?  7 merged since last week
?  3 open:
*         https://review.opendev.org/#/c/693761/ - depends on failed change (TBD)
*         https://review.opendev.org/#/c/689847/ - * STX dist cloud.  Ready for editorial (AR: Kris/Mary)
*         https://review.opendev.org/#/c/692202/ - First draft STX in a box, needs review (Abraham). Needs hosting of image confirmed.

  *   Abraham and all -- bug status -- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.docs
?  Logged and resolved: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1852840
?  https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1852352 - new - AR: Greg/Abraham, please confirm steps needed in the docs and pass back to Kris.
*         Please see note on bug - this may be related to Erich's abandoned review.

  *   Kris -- Releases
?  R2.0.2 EOY - Will require release notes (no impact to R3)
?  R3.0 - Target release in early Dec
*         RC1 branch creation Nov 25
*         R3 Stories:  http s://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/list?tags=stx.docs&tags=stx.3.0
*         Starting org of new content merged: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/693601/
o    Delete the sub tasks captured in new stories?? https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006289
*         R3: Target content for release: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-r3-target-content
*         Requested community help

  *   STX in a box: (https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006622)
?  Draft in review https://review.opendev.org/#/c/692202/
?  Hosting qcow2 images: Provided initial answers to Scott Little (see previous meeting notes). Scott/Saul continuing convo offline.

  *   TSN contribution is in progress: (subtask 36405 in https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006289)
*         https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IQZVTEHRra72wNOHiIXD5Y-DKiFkl7yZ
*         Le, Huifeng <huifeng.le at intel.com> is working on this

  *   Misc:
?  (new) Upgrade STX doc - Zhipeng Liu.
*         Request from community meeting to not call it "Upgrade" but instead to use "up-version" or "up-rev" - Thoughts? What about "migrate" or "update"? "How to move to a different version of StarlingX"
?  http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-November/006813.html
*         This may impact all general install instructions (making sure versions align across all needed files/packages)
?  Possible guide for deploying on packet.com? (AR: Greg will explore this - Abraham will help)
*         https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Packet_SIG
*         Explore this as content for a new guide

  *   Neat: Used StoryBoard API when GUI was having issues - more features available than in the GUI!  https://docs.openstack.org/infra/storyboard/webapi/v1.html

Action required (AR) summary

Completed ARs are archived here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation-files-003

*         <date task was assigned> -- <owner> -- <description + comments>
*         2019-05-15 -- Abraham -- Review these code and terminology changes impacting user docs -- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sCB-lrWhDIJLNAGWBt7wJ1_JxY21m71p -- and report back on specific actions required.

  *   Work in progress

  *   We took one example, the compute personality/subfunction renamed to 'worker', we find several ocurrences for both of them.
*         2019-10-02 -- Kris and Mary -- Update the contributor guide at https://docs.starlingx.io/contributor/doc_contribute_guide.html to reflect our current doc schema and incorporate elements of the "cheat sheet." (low priority)
*         2019-11-13 -- Greg -- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1852352 -  please confirm steps needed in the docs and pass back to Kris