[Starlingx-discuss] stx.4.0 Planning

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Fri Nov 22 00:21:31 UTC 2019

As per the minutes from the release meeting today, I'm sending this out to initiate the next steps for the stx.4.0 release planning.

We have a tentative set of dates that were reviewed in the PTG:
Milestone-1               1/24/2020
Milestone-2               3/27/2020
Milestone-3               5/15/2020
Feature Test              5/29/2020
Regression Test        TBD
RC1                               6/12/2020
Final Regression       TBD
Release                        7/3/2020

And a set of candidate features:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx.4.0-feature-candidates

I have started a sheet for the release plan based on the above features (look at the Release Candidates tab):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a93wt0XO0_JvajnPzQwnqFkXfdDysKVnHpbrEc17_yg/edit#gid=1107209846
(Features marked as Must or Propose for stx.4.0 have been included so far)

I'd like to ask PLs, TLs and community members to review and help with the next steps of planning.

PLs/Feature Primes, Please confirm intent to work on your features and confirm resourcing status. Use column E - Resourced (y/n) to indicate resourcing. If possible, also update column F - Status (not started, spec in progress, dev in progress, etc).

Developers/Community members, If there is a feature on the release plan you want to contribute to, please reach out. There's also time to propose new features or take on one from the etherpad.

Note: There is a request from TLs and core reviewers, for feature developers to identify the repos impacted by their features as well as a rough churn size (Large/Medium/Small). This will help core reviewers plan their time.

Regards,
Ghada
(on behalf of the release planning team)