[Starlingx-discuss] No Telemetry Service Installed in StarlingX 2.0

Anirudh Gupta Anirudh.Gupta at hsc.com
Mon Nov 25 08:32:15 UTC 2019

Hi Austin,

I have successfully installed the Telemetry Services (ceilometer, aodh, gnocchi, panko) in StarlingX 2.0.

controller-0:~$ openstack endpoint list | grep -i public
| 0bda50532d44492dbf5b863b141ffaba | RegionOne | panko        | event          | True    | public    | http://panko.openstack.svc.cluster.local:80/                              |
| 14d6afd669a64875b6f0b2f05381ad6d | RegionOne | heat-cfn     | cloudformation | True    | public    | http://cloudformation.openstack.svc.cluster.local:80/v1                   |
| 1715c6801ba441859bc29f7d628e94af | RegionOne | heat         | orchestration  | True    | public    | http://heat.openstack.svc.cluster.local:80/v1/%(project_id)s              |
| 273b56c7201d471785b880490b4eaedb | RegionOne | gnocchi      | metric         | True    | public    | http://gnocchi.openstack.svc.cluster.local:80/                            |
| 3e64a4a8cc1e46df94a6926eb3927c2b | RegionOne | cinderv3     | volumev3       | True    | public    | http://cinder.openstack.svc.cluster.local:80/v3/%(tenant_id)s             |
| 5139fb770acc40e2b7d31c36e835ae4f | RegionOne | neutron      | network        | True    | public    | http://neutron.openstack.svc.cluster.local:80/                            |
| 66eac8f208494e50b8b669ce34ad89f1 | RegionOne | aodh         | alarming       | True    | public    | http://aodh.openstack.svc.cluster.local:80/                               |
| 69087f47c5fd4f8bac32615a1a10b988 | RegionOne | placement    | placement      | True    | public    | http://placement.openstack.svc.cluster.local:80/                          |
| 7e116069695247d0bcd3d105831a4c13 | RegionOne | cinderv2     | volumev2       | True    | public    | http://cinder.openstack.svc.cluster.local:80/v2/%(tenant_id)s             |
| a52a66881fa74faaa1cf216359782331 | RegionOne | nova         | compute        | True    | public    | http://nova.openstack.svc.cluster.local:80/v2.1/%(tenant_id)s             |
| a7f8817df669449ca831d92ef2c491d4 | RegionOne | cinder       | volume         | True    | public    | http://cinder.openstack.svc.cluster.local:80/v1/%(tenant_id)s             |
| abbfef67633440d3a97d42cce0e99282 | RegionOne | keystone     | identity       | True    | public    | http://keystone.openstack.svc.cluster.local:80/v3                         |
| ed3bb30c2e4f44018dbe5ae9ee3d7e02 | RegionOne | glance       | image          | True    | public    | http://glance.openstack.svc.cluster.local:80/

When I am trying to access gnocchi metrics or running any gnocchi command, I am facing the below error

controller-0:~$ gnocchi metric list
Unable to establish connection to http://localhost:8041/v1/metric?: HTTPConnectionPool(host='localhost', port=8041): Max retries exceeded with url: /v1/metric (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7fa827216750>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused',))

Can you please suggest some pointers to resolve this issue

Regards
Anirudh Gupta