[Starlingx-discuss] [multi-os] What is the correct workflow to submit requests in OBS

Rosales Jimenez, Marcela A marcela.a.rosales.jimenez at intel.com
Mon Oct 7 15:34:06 UTC 2019

Hi team,

I'm starting to update _service files for Maintenance in OBS and I'm also seeing many extra obscpio files.
Here is an example https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/735890

Erich, how did you solve this replicated files? Or is it expected to have those obscpio files in my submission?

I run the osc ls -u home:marcelarosalesj:branches:Cloud:StarlingX:2.0 mtce-control
And I got only two files _link and _service

Thanks.

Marcela

On 9/30/19, 3:17 PM, "Dominig ar Foll (Intel Open Source)" <dominig.arfoll at fridu.net> wrote:

    On 30/09/2019 19:04, Cordoba Malibran, Erich wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to send a request to the fm-common project in OBS, however apparently the workflow I follow is incorrect and creates unexpected results
    >
    > What I do is:
    >
    > - From the project's web page[0] I click on "Branch package", this creates a branched package in my account[1]
    > - Checkout the project, I do this with: `osc co home:erichcm:branches:Cloud:StarlingX:1.0/fm-common`
    > - For this task I'm editing the _service file and testing locally with `osc service run` and `osc build --local-package --no-verify openSUSE_Leap_15.1`
    > - I delete all the non-needed files and keep only the _service file. Then I do a `osc ar` to make this changes
    If you did not add or remove files (often the case) the delete and osc
    ar is not required.
    > - I commit the changes with `osc commit`. At this point, I see in the web page of my branched project that a set of files were created.
    It's easier to do osc ci -m "commit comment"

    > - I click on "Submit package". The created request[2] not only contains the diff of the _service, it contains the diff of all files created after I did a `osc commit`.
    Most likely a small error either in not deleting the .obsinfo files
    before your command osc ar
    or OBS (stupidly) showing the diff between locally created files.

    If you have to run the osc ar, it's important to remove before all the
    files except
      _service
      .rpmlintrc*
      .spec*
      .patches and special config files*

    * if not downloaded from git via _service.

    To know what files are really in your project dir use the command
      osc ls -u project_name package_name
      osc ls -u home:erichcm:branches:Cloud:StarlingX:2.0 fm-mgr

    Your first submission is OK.

    --
    Dominig ar Foll
    Senior Software Architect