[Starlingx-discuss] [MultiOS] Team meeting 10/14/19

Rosales Jimenez, Marcela A marcela.a.rosales.jimenez at intel.com
Tue Oct 15 17:28:52 UTC 2019

Hi team, these are the MultiOS minutes https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-multios

Feel free to add any topic you want to discuss to next week’s agenda :)

MultiOS team meeting  - 10/14/2019

Agenda
openSUSE specs integration with OBS
    - mtce - almost complete, only missing mtce pkg
    - config - complete, will work on installation
    - HA - complete, focus is to enable puppet
                - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/679686/
    - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/687429/
    - Community review request to core reviewers: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-October/006479.html
    - NFV - complete
    - Fault - complete, working on installation
openSUSE RPM test suite
    - POC: https://gitlab.com/erichcm/rpms-test-suite
    - install and uninstall RPMs
    - for testing functionality
        - right now testing is manual, this could be automated
        - configuration is done manually
        - intention: look puppet code and enable it instead of doing the configuration manually
common infra using QEMU
    - try it, there is no reason we should not use this setup
lvm script - suggestion: run it on real hardware
Ansible and Puppet (Provisioning)
    - what is the status? how can we reproduce this provisioning work?
    - understand the puppet that is associated with each flock service, and solve for each one
    - where to document the findings?
    - send to the ML and post to the wiki, in the section for flock services
kickstarts to autoYaST (Installation)
    - identify openSUSE packages https://github.com/marcelarosalesj/suse-starlingx/tree/master/centos-simplex-installation
How can the mtce dependency on the provisioning can be stated in the spec file? or in another place?
    - if it depends on a configuration done by puppet, we add the puppet package as a dependency
    - we need more information about the dependencies
Dependencies on openstack support?
    - SUSE is moving out from Openstack, but this doesn't necessary mean that openSUSE is going to stop the Openstack support
Yocto - problems with the booting phase

Marcela