[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call (Oct 16, 2019)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Oct 16 16:21:30 UTC 2019

>From today's call...

standing topics

- any Gerrit reviews that need attention?
    - OpenStack Train upgrade stuff, see Zhipeng's email: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-October/006479.html
        - reviews in the HA repo seem to be a bit stuck lately
    - need to put some focus there - some have +2s yet have been waiting for a week to get the second +2, assuming that's appropriate
        - https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:starlingx/ha+status:open
        - metal: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/678627/
- sanity - any reds since last call?
    - nope, good work!
- any unanswered calls for assistance on the mailing list?
    - maybe this one: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-October/006467.html
        - AR: Frank/Stefan to respond to Volker's question

election

    - there will be an election for the flock-services PL role
    - qualified voters will receive an email inviting them to vote
    - the emails will be sent out on Sunday night, so you will have your email by Monday
         - it'll go to your preferred email address
    - community members that are not on the current list should send their info to the election officials to be added to the electorate
         - to be confirmed by the current PL and the TSC
    - this is captured in the projects.yaml file: https://opendev.org/starlingx/governance/src/branch/master/reference/tsc/projects.yaml
    - candidates: https://opendev.org/starlingx/election/src/branch/master/candidates/2019_H2/flock-services/pl
    - all other PLs, TLs and TSC members that ran without opposition will be acclaimed
    - cases where no PL, TL or both, ran, have been brought to the TSC for next steps

unit test - how we can increase our coverage

    - brute force - don't allow any commits without unit test(s)
        - but we have to lower the bar for doing this
        - not much point making unit tests mandatory if the committer doesn't know how to write the unit test
    - do we have numbers that tell us how much coverage we have - yes, those exist
    - could we draw a heat map to see where the bugs are landing?
        - how do we do that?
        - Ada will help here
    - who should prime this - test or dev?
    - one of the goals is to not continue to accumulate technical debt
        - should have sufficient framework in place so that this is manageable
    - AR: Bill to provide an update on this in next Community Call

stx.3.0 MS-3 milestone

    - MS-3 is currently scheduled this week. There is risk to meeting this milestone
    - Status from last week's release meeting
        - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZFR-9-riwhIwiBYBmWmi1qOVyHtgJ8Xk_FaF2jp5rY0/edit#gid=1010323020
        - Done: 4
        - Dev In Progress: 8  (2 are prep, so not required for MS-3)
        - Test In Progress: 3
        - General Risk:
        - MS-3 scheduled for Oct 18 and still a large % of features still has outstanding code to merge
        - Feature-specific Risks:
            - Upversion to Train: No projected dates provided. Some items are still unresourced. Unclear whether this can land.
    - Call to PLs and teams to look at their feature status and share their plans in tomorrow's release meeting

Open AR Updates

    - Oct 9, 2019 -- Dean -- present an overview of cool things you can do in Gerrit to watch/monitor your reviews (sneak preview: https://opendev.org/x/gerrit-dash-creator)
        - Oct 16: in progress - will target 'fun to show' stuff for next week
    - Oct 9, 2019 -- Frank -- see if the CENGN access can be opened up to other folks besides Scott & Don so we've got more options to get stuff like this done
        - Oct 16: topic for tomorrow's build meeting
    - Sep 11, 2019 -- Ildiko -- look into documenting the process of having documentation part of the development process to the contributor guide
        - Oct 16: possible topic for upcoming Community meeting
    - Sep 11, 2019 -- Abraham/Build -- sort out how/when to finish this off the renaming of the to-be-renamed system-client (nee: cgcs-client)
        - Oct 16: no update, likely still in the 'help wanted' phase, not likely to get done in 3.0
    - Sep 11, 2019 -- Bruce -- identify the feature documentation gaps
        - Oct 16: in progress
    - May 8, 2019 -- Frank -- follow up with CENGN on storage for really large files for reference in Launchpads
        - Oct 16: in progress, Frank getting a demo this week