[Starlingx-discuss] Weekly StarlingX non-OpenStack distro meeting

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Thu Oct 17 21:36:25 UTC 2019

Please find attached the spreadsheet analyzing the Kernel patches to the
existing CentOS 3.10 kernel.

As mentioned, most of the patches can be dropped, except for the
Notification of Death patch.

My understanding is that changes have been made to StarlingX to support
the Workqueue CPU affinity model with isolcpus instead of the kthread
model that is in the 3.10 kernel.  If this is actually the case then we
can drop the cpu affinity related patches also. (this would be a good
thing).

Don't hesitate to reach out and ask for help with the kernel and/or
CentOS 8 User space updates.

Sau!