[Starlingx-discuss] Cross checking projects and repos

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Oct 17 23:07:42 UTC 2019

On 2019-10-17 17:30:49 -0500 (-0500), Dean Troyer wrote:
> On 10/17/19 4:30 PM, Jones, Bruce E wrote:
> > I mapped our repos to projects using the projects.yaml file in the governance repo.  The following starlingX repos are _not_ listed in projects.yaml by any sub-project:
>
> > *         Gplv2                    - Not listed
> > *         Gplv3                    - Not listed
> > *         Tis-repo               - Not listed
> > *         Utils                       - Not listed
>
> These were in the original set and recombined into the flock repos soon
> after the initial public release.  They remain in Gerrit because history.
> *(Actually tis-repo was never used by StarlingX, I have used it for running
> test jobs such as the github-based stx-nova unit and functional tests for
> our stable branch fork.)
[...]

You might consider checking out the way OpenStack solved a similar
tracking problem:

https://opendev.org/openstack/governance/raw/branch/master/reference/legacy.yaml

Basically create a shadow of projects.yaml where you move or record
entries for repositories (and even entire teams) which were at one
time official but no longer are, including information on when they
ceased being in use and were retired. If you follow the same schema
OpenStack does, the existing election tools can even evaluate
contributions to repositories which were retired after the start of
the qualifying window for an election (if any were still official
for part of that time).
--
Jeremy Stanley