[Starlingx-discuss] openSUSE: High Availability Update

Arce Moreno, Abraham abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com
Tue Oct 22 19:04:47 UTC 2019

Dear high availability community:

Thanks you for your support to get the following reviews in place:

- [0] openSUSE: Runtime Dependencies
- [1] openSUSE: Open Build Service Artifacts

After high availability rpm was successfully built and some runtime dependencies were fixed,
as part of our task "make flock run", I started to understand its next level of details
through DevStack installation and did a setup with the following order and components:

1. Virtual Box machine based on OpenSUSE Leap [2]
  - 2 CPUs / 24 GB RAM / 64 GB SSD Disk
2. DevStack, installed through provided installation instructions [3]
3. High Availability installed through OBS personal repository [4]

In summary, next are the issues faced, in review, in the setup described above:

Installation
  $ sudo zypper -n --no-gpg-checks install sm-common
     Problem: nothing provides libamon1 needed by sm-common-1.0.0-lp151.2.2.x86_64
  $ sudo zypper -n --no-gpg-checks install sm-api
     Problem: nothing provides libamon1 needed by sm-api-1.0.0-lp151.3.1.x86_64

Keystone authentication
  $ source openrc
  $ nova flavor-list # Ok
  $ smc service-list # Failed
     Authorization failed: Not Found (HTTP 404) (Request-ID: req-770aff15-ff1f-4c63-a5c2-5ed088e7b487)

Feel free to suggest path of research, specific activities to focus on, I will get back to this mailing list by
the end of this week.

All details (constantly updated) at personal github [5].

[0] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/687429/
[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/679686/
[2] https://software.opensuse.org/distributions/leap
[3] https://docs.openstack.org/devstack/latest/