[Starlingx-discuss] Starlingx code organization

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Oct 23 14:57:33 UTC 2019

On 10/23/19 3:59 AM, Lin, Shuicheng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For 1^st question, what do you mean “available on ubuntu”? StarlingX is
> CentOS based, doesn’t support Ubuntu yet.
>
> For 2^nd question, stx-tools is to create the build environment, if you
> want to build StarlingX from code, you will need it.

If you have not already reviewed the StarlingX Build Guide [0], I would
suggest you take a look at that to understand how to setup and build
StarlingX for Centos.

Currently, as Shuicheng mentioned, StarlingX is based on a customized
CentOS 7.6 core and the tooling in cgcs-root which builds the rpm
packages and ISO for installation is designed for CentOS.  There is a
Multi-OS sub-project that is working on an openSUSE based implementation
of the StarlingX services.  There was some initial limited work on a few
services to build debian packages (see the fault repo [1][2]), but that
work is not active any longer.

If your interested in contributing a Debian and/or Ubuntu
implementation, please consider joining the Multi-OS meeting [3].

[0] https://docs.starlingx.io/contributor/build_guide.html
[1] https://opendev.org/starlingx/fault
[2] https://opendev.org/starlingx/fault/src/branch/master/fm-common/debian
[3]