[Starlingx-discuss] Performance test framework approved and next steps

Victor Rodriguez vm.rod25 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 19:49:36 UTC 2019

Hi StarlingX team

I am pleased to announce that the specification for the performance
test suite framework has been accepted:

https://review.opendev.org/#/c/677287/

The proposed change is to create a set of scripts and documentation under the
StarlingX testing repository (https://opendev.org/starlingx/test) that anyone
can use to measure the metric they need under their hardware and software
environment/configuration.

The next step after the approval of the specification is to send the
Gerrit reviews for the test cases. We have a list of test cases for
R3.0 preparation, they are partially automated (thanks to all the
developers that help on this process):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nr12zDRXf34kpjiA0LsFLU8GIpMY8Y-H2zmiC96CD4A

These partially automated tests will be uploaded for now into a
scripts/ directory at the same directory layer as
automated-pytest-suite, this until we have them fully automated and be
moved inside automated-pytest-suite directory.

This mail is to call for volunteers willing to help to code. If anyone
is interested to develop or migrate an existing performance test,
please let us know and we will be more than happy to help you with the
development/migration. Any help is more than appreciated.

Thanks

Victor Rodriguez