[Starlingx-discuss] [ Test ] meeting notes for 10/29

Cabrales, Ada ada.cabrales at intel.com
Tue Oct 29 21:38:34 UTC 2019

Agenda for 10/29
Attendees: Elio, JC, Jose, JP, Fernando, Cristopher, Maria P, Richo

1. Sanity status
Intel -
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1850462 - Failure unlocking nodes during setup
   Simplex and standard and external storage configs, nodes are failing to unlock

   Maria P to send the report earlier to let everyone know its broken.

Wind River

Unified sanity - We had some problems and we will push out the start date.
   Wind River has to modify its infrastructure.

   In intel side, we have to implement the ping to VMs from an external source. Cristopher will work on the setting the config.

   Our proposal is to push out the date to November 12. Let's align offline with Yang.  - Yang agreed to set this new date.

2. stx.3.0 testing updates
 Feature testing
    Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n9P7as4iqO55DytIRuIGdyc7x0n2WM_q-cMfHcItJlY/edit?usp=sharing
     Distributed cloud - Yang
         65% of progress - checking on the failure, not knowing if it's a procedure or a real issue. - status?

    Backup and restore - Yang
         100% progress - Done

    Fault Containerization - Fer
        https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1848094 - Fix released
        Add a test for checking the FM container end point has switch to https. - done
        Should be re-tested once the ISO with train is released.

    Upversion to train - JC
        33% done.
        The EB provided last week failed the sanity on external storage.
        We got a new EB and is being tested under sanity.

    Redfish - Cristopher
        New tests cases to be created for provisioning (bulk installs). - status? pending, to be worked this week
        Basic functionality is covered, no issues found.
        Let's work on setup an IPv6 lab for running test on this infra. - JC to send a reminder for getting the info/steps requested. - Not yet, will be sent this week.

    Infra & Cluster monitoring - Yang
        Tests defined are done. Will review for making sure on the coverage. - status?

  Regression testing:
  Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X085xI96M6PIeum87w6IEF11G-TG-W1OeGuAJWnrAWI/edit?usp=sharing

    Automated robot -
        A new run will be done with OpenStack Train.

    Automated pytest -
        A new run will be done with OpenStack Train. - Ask Yang again if they can do it, too. - Yes, got confirmation from her.

    Manual - % of progress.
        Waiting for an ISO with OpenStack train.
        A set of manual tests cases (around 60) were selected to be re-run once the OpenStack Train is on the ISO.

        https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1849221 - SSH / SCP to VM failed using NAMESPACE while IP is assigned by Horizon
        The issue is triaged, and we have a workaround.

    We are at the 4th week of regression testing. Hopefully we can start testing with train on Monday next week.

3. Opens
    Ada on vacations starting Nov 15 -
        Elio to run the meetings in the meantime.

    Conflicting meeting on 11/5. Can we cancel this one?
        We agreed on provide status offline and cancel next week's meeting.

--
Ada