[Starlingx-discuss] exploration for adding smaller memory node on stx system

Sun, Austin austin.sun at intel.com
Wed Oct 30 08:40:51 UTC 2019

Hi StarlingX Community:
     I have spent some time to explore how to add smaller memory node on stx system.
     The approach I'm trying is containerizing flocking services for worker node.
     And the status/achievement are

  *        2G memory nodes (ubuntu 18.04 and centos 7.6) were successfully added to multi-node stx system .
     this node is unlocked ,  available and joined stx k8s system.

  *        Sysinv-agent , hbsClient and mtcClient are containerized and deploy this node .
  *        Configuration was manually set and some device audit was bypass.

       There should be still a long way to fully functional worker node on such smaller memory node, such as auto-config ,  devices audit and other containerization services etc.,
       The status and plan for net step is shared in [1]
       I created story [2] to track the change if task is ready

[1] https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nt-Mx2Ebrqr4IBruSoOVmB5cjdOQ9HJR/view?usp=sharing
[2] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006787

Thanks.
BR