[Starlingx-discuss] Community meeting notes Oct 30 2019

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Wed Oct 30 18:31:59 UTC 2019

Oct 30 2019

*         date/time: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20191030T1400

*         standing topics

  *   any Gerrit reviews that need attention?
*         OVS collectd interface/port state monitoring
?  review https://review.opendev.org/#/c/687025/, Chenjie's email http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-October/006679.html
*         OpenStack Train reviews - Waiting on 2+2+2 config not passing Sanity.  The team un-reverted a patch (#) but that doesn't fully solve the problem.

  *   sanity - any reds since last call?
*          Yes, we have had several failing runs. One commit was reverted yesterday which should address the current problem.

  *   any unanswered calls for assistance on the mailing list
*          Sai - asking for an update on the "create an image" documentation.  To be discussed in the Docs team meeting later today.

*         There is an active WeChat channel for StarlingX. There are 119 members. The Intel China team is not sure if the users would want to swtich to some other platform.  There is a lot of activity that we aren't capturing in our metrics.  There is customer feedback that the broader community isn't hearing. How to proceed?  (brucej)

  *   Ildiko - there is a WeChat channel for OpenStack too.  It seems unlikely that we could merge that with a different method. We could appoint a liason or two to monitor the channel and report back to the broader community. Cindy's team can monitor the group and provide a weekly summary to the email list.
*         The US and Canada are Falling Back this weekend.  What do we do?  5AM meetings are not fun. Ildiko - the last time we talked about this we agreed to keep meetings at the same US time. Unanimous support from the community call to keep meetings in US time. (brucej)
*         Development process doc is in progress. Feedback and collaboration are welcome and TY Bart & Saul for yours!  I am looking for opportunities to make the document more aligned with what we actually do and the process more open.  Thus the TODO about moving bug triage out into the open - can we leverage a time / existing meeting to start doing that together as a community.?  (brucej)

  *   Review: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/691740

  *   Frank - Ghada and a small team do bug triage several times a week. It will be hard to find a slot for a new meeting. We could have a process where a small team assigns bugs to PLs but the actual triage happens in the team meetings.  Saul - we could also do some of this in the Release team meeting.  We could have a rotating responsibility to have someone take on a frequent review of issues (as per the Yocto project).  Ghada isn't here so let's tee this up for next week.

*         PSA: Feature candidates for stx.4.0 will be discussed at the PTG next week. An etherpad has been started, https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx.4.0-feature-candidates. Please add any new items for consideration in the upcoming release and/or commentson items already captured.

*         PSA: update on unit test coverage
?  will be reaching out to other sub-projects to follow config team's model for making it clear/easy how to add unit tests: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-October/006710.html
?  Ada started working on an issue 'heat map' https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pZ3kTpkurKuOzTckbkxX9NHkjg2fMH71Ydl_KEVK4eY/edit?usp=sharing - will highlight where more unit tests are most needed

*         PSA - Project Update at Summit moved to Tuesday Morning slot @ 9:00am - 9:40am - sgw

  *   Shuquan and Saul to present, we should advertise this here and on the list shortly

*         Are we holding our standing meetings next week? Each team and PL can decide if they want to hold a meeting. There will be no Test team meeting next week due to a conflict. We can hold the community meeting as scheduled.