[Starlingx-discuss] [docs][meetings] docs team meeting minutes 2019-10-30

Dale, Kristal kristal.dale at intel.com
Wed Oct 30 21:39:14 UTC 2019

Hello All,

Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes.
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet Wednesdays 12:30 PST.
*       Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
*       Our tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

Cheers,
Kris

Current agenda and notes

2019-10-30
o       All -- reviews in progress and recent merges --
*       See summary at https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:starlingx/docs<https://review.opendev.org/>.
*       Recent merges:
*       https://review.opendev.org/#/c/691957/<https://review.opendev.org/> -- Kris -- Add governance paragraph and link -- MERGED
*       https://review.opendev.org/#/c/691119/<https://review.opendev.org/> -- Bruce -- Add the release notes for the R2.0.1 release -- MERGED
*       We have 3 open:
*       https://review.opendev.org/#/c/691740/<https://review.opendev.org/> -- Bruce -- Add an initial development process document to the docs tree
*       https://review.opendev.org/#/c/691804/<https://review.opendev.org/> --  Yi Wang -- Add a document about StarlingX Patching
*       https://review.opendev.org/#/c/689847/<https://review.opendev.org/> -- Abraham -- StarlingX Distributed Cloud
o       Abraham and all -- bug status -- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.docs
*       https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1849336 -- Medium -- Incorrect path for referencing bootstrap.yaml while running "ansible-playbook" - (Kris)
*       https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1849341 -- Low -- Remove the repeated "helm" string in the command "helm repo update" command - (Kris)
o       Kris -- structure and plans for new config guide --
*       Let's walk through these proposals:
*       https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Galekjlo7vk9JFht5_XhGAECSIAWRNE0
*       https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FhdmISmr_N5vLt4ZXCmUbP4vKHxbGsk3
*       Check against Mega-spec: https://docs.starlingx.io/specs/specs/2019.03/approved/documentation-mega-spec.html
*       TSN contribution is in progress:
*       https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IQZVTEHRra72wNOHiIXD5Y-DKiFkl7yZ
*       This is subtask 36405 in https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006289<https://storyboard.openstack.org/>
*       Result of discussion: Greg's task list essentially replaces the Operational Guide docs from mega spec
*       Kris will merge Operational Guides w/ Greg's list into the new set of docs.
*       Greg will contribute additional tasks.
*       Kris will update the story (configs will be rolled up under ops guides)
o       Bruce -- StarlingX-in-a-box -- We have two vectors on this --
*       Erich's contribution -- https://drive.google.com/file/d/19127DWvfrSvpd9QNjHlbNX2-OEbruxKx
*       Calsoft's contribution -- http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-September/006316.html  -- (Kris to provide update after review posted/Wed mtg)
*       We believe this will go into our StarlingX-in-a-box topic as captured in https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006622<https://storyboard.openstack.org/>. Bruce has volunteered to help Sai with the contribution. Cindy recently confirmed that this does apply to StarlingX-in-a-box -- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vzrx7G-G8yCYi3HgOh0FNJvenoisP2qd.
*       Setup document: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j0IBwKiwwD1Vju9_QltFo1oItMIa41x3
*       Image link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ntQSILp4rg-L_CMQPLCPsvtYdAmQFHFp
o       This is 4.9 GB. How can we host this in the docs site/repo w/out requiring contributors to pull it locally as part of the repo? (Entirety of stx-docs on disk is currently 157 MB - adding this will drastically increase this.)
o       Do we have other hosting options? The mirror? - Contact Scott Little (Windriver) scott.little at windriver.com - (Kris)
*       Kris Dale is taking the assignment (working with Bruce) to create a review draft of the doc. We also talked about hosting the images as blobs in the doc repo, which will be linked from the new document on https://docs.starlingx.io/. Latest status is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rZXBGVUlwNbbMIZKDQiimkf246bbo58
*       WIP review: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/692202/1<https://review.opendev.org/> (does not include link to docs hosted qcow2 images)
*       We are interested in learning how they built the image. Can the folk at Calsoft provide these instructions? - Bruce will initiate convo
*       Long term plan: including this type of image for each release. Additional repo in tools that it could build from? - Bruce will initiate covo
*       Kris will continue to support the review (feedback, etc).
*       Mike -- R3 stories --
*       R3 release is currently planned for early December.
*       Current R3 doc stories are here -- https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/list?tags=stx.docs&tags=stx.3.0<https://storyboard.openstack.org/> --
*       The community team is tracking top stories. I submitted these two for the doc team -- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dXFLc6f4d5MA2l7rRBMnfyk4X6wZ07wX
*       R3.0 updates (new features, changes, etc.) - discuss with Greg on his return (WW46) - outline R3 features and changes that may impact docs. (Kris to prep)
*       Kris -- new PTL
*       Kris -- Addition of install-time configs (content from Greg). TBD where this fits best.

Action required (AR) summary

Completed ARs are archived here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation-files-003

*       <date task was assigned> -- <owner> -- <description + comments>
*       2019-05-15 -- Abraham -- Review these code and terminology changes impacting user docs -- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sCB-lrWhDIJLNAGWBt7wJ1_JxY21m71p -- and report back on specific actions required.
*       2019-10-02 -- Kris and Mary -- Update the contributor guide at https://docs.starlingx.io/contributor/doc_contribute_guide.html to reflect our current doc schema and incorporate elements of the "cheat sheet."
*       2019-10-30 -- Kris -- Contact Scott Little regarding hosting Calsoft qcow2 images.
*       2019-10-30 -- Kris -- Merge Config Guide/Greg's tasks/Operational Guide topics into one for review.