[Starlingx-discuss] DNS resolution of instances enablement in the StarlingX

Xu, Chenjie chenjie.xu at intel.com
Thu Sep 5 02:54:40 UTC 2019

Hi Yatindra,

To enable DNS you need to create a yaml file and then override helm:
cat > neutron-overrides.yaml <<EOF
conf:
neutron:
   DEFAULT:
     dns_domain: wrs_dns.com
plugins:
   ml2_conf:
     ml2:
       extension_drivers: dns
EOF

# update the neutron overrides and apply to stx-openstack
source /etc/platform/openrc
system helm-override-update stx-openstack neutron openstack --values neutron-overrides.yaml
system application-apply stx-openstack

I notice that you have already changed the configuration. Could you please check the configuration by following command:
kubectl get pod -n openstack | grep neutron-ovs
kubectl exec -it -n openstack $neutron-ovs-agent bash
cat /etc/neutron/neutron.conf | grep dns_domain
cat /etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini | grep extension_drivers

Could you please attach some logs for failing to attach the port to the VM. (like nova-conductor, nova-compute, nova-scheduler, neutron-server, neutron-ovs-agent, openstack server show vm)

For Designate component provide DNS, the following guide can be referenced:
https://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/networking-guide/config-dns-int.html#config-dns-int-ext-serv
You need to use helm override to change the configuration.

Best Regards,
Xu, Chenjie