[Starlingx-discuss] R2.0 iso installation failure: USB device naming

Pratik M. pvmpublic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 11:53:23 UTC 2019

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 3:07 PM Ezpeer Chen <ezpeerchen at gmail.com> wrote:

> You should have two hard disk.

Yes, I do. But they were completely wiped (no partition). I will try
creating a partition, in a bit. For now, I went ahead and used the
IPMI virtual cdrom option to boot. But I think the root cause is the
installer assumption that it wants to install in /dev/sda (below).
Guess I will have to spin a custom iso.

 menu begin
[...]
    append rootwait console=tty0 inst.text
inst.stage2=hd:LABEL=oe_iso_boot inst.ks=hd:LABEL=oe_iso_boot:/ks.cfg
boot_device=sda rootfs_device=sda biosdevname=0 usbcore.autosuspend=-1
inst.gpt security_profile=standard user_namespace.enable=1

Thanks