[Starlingx-discuss] Full process to update/add documentation pages (gerrit review push issue)

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 18:23:16 UTC 2019

Hi Dominig,

There are some plans to make some of the documentation that is currently written up in the OpenStack Contributor Guide to be made available to all OSF projects using OpenDev tooling.

In the meantime please refer to this page for some Git/Gerrit best practices: https://docs.openstack.org/contributors/code-and-documentation/patch-best-practices.html

I don’t think we have strong guidelines when it comes to Gerrit topics. A rule of thumb is to keep it short and informative, people often refer to Launchpad or Storyboard identifiers, like 'bug/<bug_id>’ or ’story/<story_id>’. It really only matters if there are multiple changes that are related but not organized in a chain of patches so you can use the Gerrit topic as a search filter to display all the relevant changes at once.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
Ildikó