[Starlingx-discuss] Failure launching Cirros Image

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Sep 18 22:19:45 UTC 2019

Folks,

I have been working on setting up a baremetal system on a NUC with dual
NICs.  I have been able to provision it and have the stx-openstack
application manifest fully loaded.

I have created a flavor, image and subnet to use for this instance, but
when I try to launch it with:

openstack server create --image cirros --flavor f1.small --nic
net-id=3fd14704-8482-4cdd-975d-6e9e0a14e61e vm-cirros-1

I get an Error and iget the following output from openstack server show.

> controller-0:~$ openstack server show vm-cirros-1
> | Field                               | Value                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      |
> | OS-DCF:diskConfig                   | MANUAL                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     |
> | OS-EXT-AZ:availability_zone         |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            |
> | OS-EXT-SRV-ATTR:host                | None                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       |
> [...]

More logs needed?  Where do I look?

Thoughts?

Sau!