[Starlingx-discuss] openSUSE: sm-db build failure

Qian, Bin Bin.Qian at windriver.com
Wed Sep 25 12:29:32 UTC 2019

Dominig,

I am wondering there is something not right in your build environment. The SmTimerIdT is defined as:
typedef int64_t SmTimerIdT;
in sm_timer.h [1] patch set 1..3, which is part of the sm-common lib.
There are multiple printf statements in sm-common lib that use the formater "%li" such as [2], line 150, 201. I don't expect you see the same errors from sm-common build, or otherwise the sm-db won't start building as it needs sm-common.

Based on the error message in your first email, apparently the SmTimerIdT was "int" ('SmTimerIdT {aka int}'). That was the code before my commit "Enhance timer system to avoid double deregister".  [1] line 23 on the "base".

I would suggest you verify the sm_timer.h to see if it include the changes in [1], and possibly clean up your build environment to see if it helps.
If your sm-common build also encountered the same errors, you may want to verify the size of int64_t on your build environment, it is expected to be 8-byte integer.

Regards,

Bin

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/675936/3/service-mgmt/sm-common-1.0.0/src/sm_timer.h
[2] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/675936/3/service-mgmt/sm-common-1.0.0/src/sm_timer.c