[Starlingx-discuss] openSUSE: High Availability Installation Update

Dominig ar Foll (Intel Open Source) dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Wed Sep 25 18:02:38 UTC 2019

On 25/09/2019 19:23, Arce Moreno, Abraham wrote:
> Thanks Dominig for sharing your comments,
> Agree, my typos. I initially launched a Tumbleweed based Vagrant image
> and did not remove the content.
>
> The steps were finally installed in one Leap 15.0 based. My Documentation
> needs to be updated.
Good. A non issue then.

> When do you decide this require dependencies should be in the Specfile
> or in that meta package?
I personally tend to put all the runtime dependency in the Meta package,
so all the packages which are called by it have the same set.
If you plan to allow individual package installation, then it should be
within the package.
> In case the meta package is the right option, should we create one per
> component (ha)? per package (sm-tools)?
The optimum strategy, is to create 1 meta package for each subsystem
that can be installed and run independently.
Then we can create a meta package which calls for the sub meta packages.
> Can you please point me into the specific documentation to learn about
> this concept, not a clear result from google. Also a OBS example of some
> other project? :)
Not very well documented feature but you can look at my personal project.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Application:Geo:OpenCPN/OpenCPN-5.x
I have a meta package that call for the entire installation.
You can even force for given version of packages to stop people to break
tested configurations.
As it's a full package, you can also provide %pre and %post section as
desired.
> You too! I am taking vacations for the following 3 days so please
> bear with me if I do not reply back soon.
Understood.

--
Dominig ar Foll
Senior Software Architect