[Starlingx-discuss] [docs][meetings] docs team meeting minutes 9/25

Tullis, Michael L michael.l.tullis at intel.com
Wed Sep 25 22:38:00 UTC 2019

Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet Wednesdays, and call logistics are here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings. Our etherpad is here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation.

-- Mike

CURRENT AGENDA AND NOTES

2019-09-25

  *   Mike -- Welcome Mary Camp to the doc team --
  *   All -- reviews in progress and recent merges --
     *   See summary at https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:starlingx/docs.
     *   Recent merges. Great job team!
     *   https://review.opendev.org/#/c/682761/ -- Apply fixes from feedback on virtual install guides -- MERGED
     *   https://review.opendev.org/#/c/682708/ -- Release Note document for StarlingX 2.0 --  MERGED
     *   https://review.opendev.org/#/c/682967/ -- Apply fixes from feedback on bare metal install guides -- MERGED
     *   https://review.opendev.org/#/c/681850/ -- Initial creation Doc page Navigate Git Code story/2005184 -- MERGED
     *   We have 3 open. Let's take a look to see how we can push these through.
     *   https://review.opendev.org/#/c/679896/ tied to https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1837931 -- Add instructions for remote CLI access to Openstack -- For background, see https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-UulIR8oBFcphl_ov5as2W5-lwtl6Tqfand https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YUKKGsH-LoR_67wQOotiOZHStIziyh7i. This bug is not fully resolved with the current review, but the linked background emails may be enough. Specifically, we need instructions for REST API. Lower priority for now until we get the latest updates on the install/deploy guides merged. Greg will hunt down the REST API calls.
     *   https://review.opendev.org/#/c/684148/ -- Improve readability of install guides R2 -- This flattens headings from 5 levels to 3 or fewer and improves usability. Almost ready to merge.
     *   https://review.opendev.org/#/c/684820/ -- Introduction editorial updates --
  *   Abraham and all -- bug status -- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.docs
     *   Resolution for all current bugs should be pushed to the R2 docs, not versioned for R3.
     *   Current status: 3 bugs open, 1 high, 1 med, 1 low. 2 of the bugs have open reviews.
     *   For https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1844656, Kris will verify if it is already addressed. If so, close bug and reference Gerrit reviews.
  *   Bruce/Mike -- StarlingX-in-a-box via ready-to-use qcow2 images --
     *   See http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-September/006316.html.
     *   Next steps? Bruce volunteered to help with doc submission.
  *   Mike -- future/planned reviews for installation/deployment guides --
     *   A recent code change will impact bare metal use cases (and possibly others).
     *   See https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pic5wr_69fJb94-o3JM7U2xKMJ0HpGJZ for details.
     *   This is for R3 and should not be rolled into R2 docs. So it will be rolled into the "upcoming release" section.
     *   Erich Cordoba Malibran wrote an installation/deployment guide that mostly overlaps with our own.
     *   We need to review it to see if we can pull any goodness into our official docs. Greg will review. Could be the starting point for StarlingX in a box.
     *   See https://ericho.github.io/2019-09-12-deploy-virtual-starlingx/ and http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-September/006059.html for details.
  *   Mike -- report out on any progress or plans for R3 stories --
     *   Where we can add the most value right now is to add the stubbed out landing page for https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006289. See http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-September/006127.html for more info. We've discussed this in the community meeting and on the mailing list. We'll start this after the latest retrofitted changes to the R2 guides merge. This fits into the "gap" discussion from community.
     *   Background:
     *   R3 release is currently planned for early December.
     *   Current doc stories are here. We'll add to this list -- https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/list?tags=stx.docs&tags=stx.3.0 --
     *   The community team is tracking top stories. I submitted these two for the doc team -- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dXFLc6f4d5MA2l7rRBMnfyk4X6wZ07wX
  *   Kris -- persistent URL requested for versioned docs -- Report out on status. Moving forward, we'll have explicit and persistent version URLs.

ACTION REQUIRED (AR) SUMMARY

Completed ARs are archived here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation-files-003

  *   <date task was assigned> -- <owner> -- <description + comments>
  *   2019-05-15 -- Scott and Abraham -- Review these code and terminology changes impacting user docs -- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sCB-lrWhDIJLNAGWBt7wJ1_JxY21m71p -- and report back on specific actions required.
  *   2019-07-03 -- Mike -- After the installation/deployment landing pages are updated and the applicable wikis are fully deprecated, send a message to the mailing list clarifying where the "single source of truth" is for the latest content -- wiki vs. doc site vs. Gerrit reviews in progress. Wait until we have the R3 versioned path.
  *   2019-09-18 -- Greg -- Hunt down REST API specifics needed to close https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1837931. For background, see https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-UulIR8oBFcphl_ov5as2W5-lwtl6Tqf and https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YUKKGsH-LoR_67wQOotiOZHStIziyh7i.
  *   2019-09-18 -- Greg -- Hunt down Ansible-related updates for the guides.
  *   2019-09-18 -- Greg -- Review Erich's contribution at https://ericho.github.io/2019-09-12-deploy-virtual-starlingx/ to see if we need to retrofit anything into our existing guides. Also recommend anything toward "StarlingX in a box."
  *   2019-09-25 -- Kris -- For https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1844656, verify if it is already addressed. If so, close bug and reference Gerrit reviews.