[Starlingx-discuss] Community (& TSC) Call (Apr 22, 2020)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Apr 22 15:06:15 UTC 2020

>From today's meeting...

* Standing Topics

      * Sanity

            * Monolithic
                  * 20200415 Red
                        * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-April/008306.html
                        * will queue this up to discuss next week, re: RCA
                  * 20200416 Red
                        * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-April/008320.html
                        * related to Kubernetes 1.18?
                        * ditto re: RCA next week
                  * 20200417 Green
                  * 20200421 Red
                        * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-April/008365.html
                        * due to build tool change - this has been fixed, it's in today's build

            * Layered
                  * 20200418 Green
                  * no other sanities since last week
                  * feels like we're closing to being able to cut over to Layered Builds as default - target is to do this week (Thu)

      * Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention

            * ceph containerization
                     https://review.opendev.org/#/c/716792/
                     https://review.opendev.org/#/c/721443/
                     https://review.opendev.org/#/c/714857/
                     https://review.opendev.org/#/c/713084/
                     https://review.opendev.org/#/c/721785/
                     https://review.opendev.org/#/c/720637/
                     https://review.opendev.org/#/c/721765/

            * Saul provided a gentle reminder to the cores to review their queues at least once daily
            * Don suggested sending this gentle reminder to the discuss list - AR: Bill

      * CentOS 8 Kernel Upgrade Plan

            * sanity ran ok with kernel in new repo
            * working to adopot the pre-built srpm, might be at risk for end of month, but still going for it

* Topics for this Week

      * Core Reviewer Nominations: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-April/008328.html
            * all 3 approved
            * Saul will update the core reviewers files (and remove any lingering GDC names)

      * Maintenance Releases for stx.2.0 & stx.3.0 -- Bruce & Ghada
            * A # of fixes were sourced in the branches. Test teams are resource constrained to test mtce releases.
            * Is there a need in the community to release these mtce releases? Any timeline requests?
            * no comments here - Ghada will send the question out on the mailing list

      * Running Sanity in the Open - minimum requirements
            * 1 VM for Simplex
            * bootable via PXE or other network boot protocols from a Cengn binary - if physical machine
            * for VM, provide a QCOW2 image - need to sort out how frequently we do this & what config - more to discuss
            * Bill to follow up

      * Adding Bandit to additional repos and packages: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-April/008367.html
            * didn't get to this this week, Saul will follow up on mailing list, will put it on next week's agenda if required

* ARs from Previous Meetings

      * 4/15
            * layered build - validating docker images (Scott/Nic) - to be discussed in Build meeting tomorrow
            * manually updating version info (Build team + Bart)
            * home for pre-built srpms (Scott, Austin)

* Open Requests for Help
            * problems with installing starlingx 3.0 in bare metal: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-April/008360.html