[Starlingx-discuss] Need help with commit

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Tue Apr 28 16:07:42 UTC 2020

On 4/28/20 8:52 AM, Trica, Mihail-Laurentiu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have made a few commits and there is just one that is up for review:
> https://review.opendev.org/#/c/716554/. I have modified the commit
> following commit review. Yang Liu has been the one that reviewed my
> commit and the commits of my fellow Intel colleagues. Yang gave it a
> Code Review +2 and a Workflow +1 and Zuul started its checks again. What
> I can see now is that Zuul gave it a -2 because one of its pylint check
> failed(logs are available HERE
> <https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/d39f574ea3bb4b9089981af9c169b294>).
> The only problem is that it had give it a +1 after I made my final
> changes. Basically the history for the last patchset is this one:
>
> - I uploaded patchset 6, Zuul started its jobs, gave it +1
>
> - Yang did the code review and gave it a Code Review +2 and a Workflow +1
>
> - finally Zuul restarted its checks, but it had an error for the pylint
> job and it gave it a -2

pylint was changed recently to a newer / stricter version that's why
your getting new errors.

>  From the logs the error is not on any of the files that I modified in
> the commit, but on:
> “automated-pytest-suite/keywords/storage_helper.py:424:8: E0633:
> Attempting to unpack a non-sequence defined at line 52
> (unpacking-non-sequence)”. My code is not even using storage-helper. How
> can subsequent checks fail on code that has not been modified? Is there
> a way to re-trigger Zuul checks? In the meantime I have rebased the commit.

It's failing not because of the code you added, but because pylint is
checking all the code and found an issue since it's running with
stricter rules now.

you can add a "recheck" reply to your commit from review.opendev.org.

Hope that helps

    Sau!