[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 2020-08-05

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed Aug 5 21:13:50 UTC 2020

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
2020-08-05

R4 Release Notes draft review:  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/742989/
	Patch set 9 includes "not in R4" query, lists the known open LP, and includes Known limitation re Horizon (Yong's email)
	OPENS
	download path changes -- 4.0.1   http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/release/
	Questions: wait and watch to see if 4.0.1 is actual or just the tagging IDs? Should we change all 4.0 text to 4.0.1 for consistency or add disclaimer/caveat text?
	We agreed on these ARs for Mary:
		uplevel the link to releases folder and then make new commit if needed after the release is posted.
		change heading from Bug fixes to Bug status to make more sense with the open bugs subsection.

R4 install guides / landing page review:  https://review.opendev.org/744061
	OPENS similar to above wrt to download path changes and 4.0.1 vs 4.0 in text
	This is tagged as Depends-On to the RN review above.
	AR Mary: Uplevel the download path to remove the version # as described in RN.
	OK to merge this one to watch the "depends on" process.
	Ildikó shared this Zuul status URL: https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/status, also https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Status

 All -- Opens
	Ildikó brought up this message in the community email list:  http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-August/009345.html
	AR Mary reply to Andy and ask him to please make a review to the appropriate doc (add URL).
	We had a discussion about using "Partial-Bug: " in the commit message so that all the bugs would be linked together (software changes + doc updates).
	See guidelines for commit msgs here: https://docs.starlingx.io/developer_resources/code-submission-guide.html#link-reviews-to-story-or-bug