[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: StarlingX Release Meeting - Aug 13/2020

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Fri Aug 14 00:48:07 UTC 2020

Agenda/Minutes are posted at:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-releases

stx.3.0.1
- r/stx.3.0 Branch
       - https://review.opendev.org/#/q/projects:+starlingx+branch:r/stx.3.0
- LPs that need to be cherrypicked to the r/stx.3.0 branch before we rebuild
            - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1854169 (Stefan) Backup & Restore: AIO-DX+worker Controller failed to become active after restore
            - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1855474 (Yong) OpenStack pods were not recovered after force reboot active controller
            - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1856064 (Paul V) Active controller became degraded after lock/unlock compute node
            - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1863957 (Don) CENGN build failure, stx-nova and stx-neutron images
            - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1855319 (Mingyuan) [ironic] pod ironic-manage-cleaning-network failing  after helm override
            - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1856209 (Bob) System config failed by Server died: listen tcp :44134: bind: address already in use
       - Bill to send an email to the mailing list to cherrypick these items to the branch. Deadline: August 21
       - Start the RC build the week of August 24 - request to Davlet

Issue with docker image builds
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1891416
       - Needs attention from the build team and Zhipeng
- What is the impact of stx.4.0?
       - Expect that this is not an immediate issue for stx.4.0 as the platformclients image was tagged prior to 4.0 final compile
       - This will be an issue in the future if code is ported to r/stx.4.0 that updates system/dcmanager CLIs.

stx.4.0
- Agreed to do a release retrospective with the community. Bill to send a heads up to the mailing list.
- Notes
       - Release was ~4wks later than initially planned
       - Long Poles
            - Openstack Rebase
            - Layered build transition
       - Do we increase the LAG between the stx release and the openstack release?
       - Do we skip openstack rebases? Likely would cause other problems
       - Do we release more frequently?
            - This will cause an impact to the user community
       - Preliminary input related to openstack rebase: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-openstack-rebase

stx.5.0
- Started a new release folder
       - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1b7Ogqpxsgh4h-Wof-5fyY6vpqJhrK_ll
- Need to define the milestone dates
       - Use input from stx.4.0 community retrospective
- StoryBoards Already Tagged for stx.5.0
       - https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/list?status=active&project_group_id=86&tags=stx.5.0