[Starlingx-discuss] stx.4.0 Release Retrospective

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Fri Aug 14 16:57:20 UTC 2020

Hi Folks,

In yesterday's Release Team meeting [0], we agreed to do an stx.4.0 release retrospective in next week's community call [1].

Some of the potential topics we discussed are:

  - Release was ~4wks later than initially planned
      - Long Poles
        - Openstack Rebase
        - Layered build transition
  - Do we increase the LAG between the stx release and the openstack release?
  - Do we skip openstack rebases? Likely would cause other problems
  - Do we release more frequently?
      - This will cause an impact to the user community

Preliminary input related to openstack rebase is in [2], please feel free to add notes/comments there on any topic related to this retrospective.

Bill...

[0] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-releases
[1] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-status
[2] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-openstack-rebase