[Starlingx-discuss] bnx2x driver panic. Is source same as CentOS 7?

Penney, Don Don.Penney at windriver.com
Mon Aug 17 21:42:35 UTC 2020

Firmware isn’t my area, but we don’t have bnx2x-bnxZ2x-e2-7.13.11.0.fw in our load at all. We are currently including linux-firmware-20190429-72.gitddde598.el7.noarch.rpm in our system:
https://opendev.org/starlingx/tools/src/commit/e390e85bd5f079d827bfabb69208cd12ec4de02e/centos-mirror-tools/config/centos/flock/rpms_centos.lst#L536

The closest it has to what you’re looking for is:
/usr/lib/firmware/bnx2x/bnx2x-e1-7.13.11.0.fw
/usr/lib/firmware/bnx2x/bnx2x-e1h-7.13.11.0.fw
/usr/lib/firmware/bnx2x/bnx2x-e2-7.13.11.0.fw

I see nothing with bnxZ2x.

We don’t currently update the initrd or squashfs (installer rootfs) with the linux-firmware RPM, so we just have what’s in the stock installer images. The initrd only has a handful of firmware images, while the squashfs.img appears to have a slightly older version of the linux-firmware RPM content (missing the 7.13.11.0 images listed above).

If the firmware you need is in a newer version of the linux-firmware RPM, we’d need to update the rpms_centos.lst file to move to the newer version, and also update the update-pxe-network-installer utility to update the linux-firmware RPM content in the initrd.img and squashfs.img images:
https://opendev.org/starlingx/root/src/branch/master/build-tools/update-pxe-network-installer

Cheers,
Don.