[Starlingx-discuss] Starlingx Ironic Bare metal partitioned-disk image issue

Akki yadav yadav.akshay58 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 13:30:50 UTC 2020

Hi Team,

Hope you all are doing good.

I have a Standard Starlingx R4.0 with ironic setup up and running.
I have launched a Bare metal with whole-disk image and it came up
flawlessly.
But when I was trying to launch a bare metal node with partitioned-disk
image, It gave me an error in the ironic-conductor stating that "sgdisk:
not found".
Then steps I did to resolve it are:

1. Then I installed "gdisk" on both containers of ironic-conductor . (i.e.
ironic-conductor-0 and ironic-conductor-1).
2. Now, I tried agin to launch a bare metal node, this time it failed
stating "parted : not found".
3. Then I installed "parted" on both containers of ironic-conductor . (i.e.
ironic-conductor-0 and ironic-conductor-1).
4. Now I can flawlessly launch bare metal node with partitioned-disk image.

Now, I wanted to know how may I get these packages (gdisk and parted)
already installed in ironic-conductor containers when the stx-openstack
application gets applied ?

Regards
Akshay