[Starlingx-discuss] proposal for lifecycle operator

Church, Robert Robert.Church at windriver.com
Wed Dec 9 03:26:02 UTC 2020

Hi Martin,

See inline..

Thanks,
Bob

From: "Chen, Haochuan Z" <haochuan.z.chen at intel.com>
Date: Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at 7:32 AM
To: "'starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io'" <starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io>, Robert Church <Robert.Church at windriver.com>, "Voiculeasa, Dan" <Dan.Voiculeasa at windriver.com>
Subject: proposal for lifecycle operator

[Please note this e-mail is from an EXTERNAL e-mail address]
Hi Bob

I study patch for lifecycle operator. Something to check with you
https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:%22story_2007960%22+(status:open%20OR%20status:merged)

1, lifecycle operator will merge in r5 release or not?
[RTC] Yes. We’ll land this prior to MS3 (1/29/21). Based on the year-end holidays, I’d like to get this merged in the 1st or 2nd week in January

2, propose to add a hook for APP_LIFECYCLE_TIMMING_POST.
Now there is only hook for constants.APP_LIFECYCLE_TIMING_PRE, which is called before application apply.
Propose to add a hook to be called, after application apply, APP_LIFECYCLE_TIMMING_POST.
[RTC] Seems reasonable. We’ll add this as well. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Martin, Chen
IOTG, Software Engineer
021-61164330