[Starlingx-discuss] Community (& TSC) Call (Feb 5, 2020)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Feb 5 15:57:40 UTC 2020

Notes from the Community call just now...

- Standing Topics
    - Sanity
          - only greens since last week, but no reports since last week
          - Bruce will check in w/ the GDC team & look to transition this to Galati as soon as possible
    - Reviews
          - StarlingX Mirror to GitHub (Dariush)
                      http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-February/007679.html
          - Layered Build (Saul/Scott) - not a review per se, but asking people to try it out
                      http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-January/007641.html
          - CentOS 8
               - see Austin's update from the Distro Non-OpenStack meeting
                     http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-February/007689.html
                     - Community asked to comment on any items that should be added to the CentOS 8 plan
                     - they will be prioritized & resourced/scheduled accordingly
               - f/centos8 merge requests (Saul): http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-February/007684.html

- Topics for This Week
    - Election reminder/PSA
          http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-February/007673.html
    - Training session on Bitergia dashboard, Feb 17
          http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-February/007688.html

- AR Review
    - Sep 25, 2019 -- Bill / Doc -- find a place for Sai Chandu's images/documentation
         - Feb 5: there's an action w/ the build team to re-instate a tool that Sai Chandu may be able to use (he'll have to check it out after it's reinstated)
         - Jan 29: Kris asked to confirm if this is happening on tomorrow's call - Kris will ping Sai Chandu to confirm the meeting is on

- Open Requests for Help
       - Docker Instance Cannot Boot: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-February/007677.html
             - Yong will respond on behalf of the Distro OpenStack sub-project

- Question from Galati: How Many Cables?
    - how many cables are required between servers, as they set up their lab for sanity
    - 3 per node - Management & Data should be at least 10G, BMC & OAM don't need to be 10G