[Starlingx-discuss] ceph containerization patch review

Rowsell, Brent Brent.Rowsell at windriver.com
Mon Feb 10 15:59:53 UTC 2020

Thanks. See inline

Brent

From: Chen, Haochuan Z [mailto:haochuan.z.chen at intel.com]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 10:47 AM
To: Miller, Frank <Frank.Miller at windriver.com>; 'starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io' <starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io>
Cc: Chen, Tingjie <tingjie.chen at intel.com>; Sun, Austin <austin.sun at intel.com>; Qi, Mingyuan <mingyuan.qi at intel.com>
Subject: Re: [Starlingx-discuss] ceph containerization patch review

Hi Frank:

As synced with Tingjie, this is my understanding for Rook manage the configuration instead of sysinv.

1, Remove ceph config and status query from sysinv
[BR] So this would be done in new reviews, current code posted is still coupled with sysinv ?
2, create another tool, like rook-client to launch and provision ceph cluster
[BR] Wouldn't this just be chart overrides ? Why is a tool required ?
3, one helm plugin like rbd-provision, which depends on newly created tool

BR!

Martin, Chen
IOTG, Software Engineer
021-61164330