[Starlingx-discuss] Community (& TSC) Call (Feb 12, 2020)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Feb 12 15:49:54 UTC 2020

Notes from the Community Call just now...

- Standing Topics
    - Sanity: back up & running, all green since last week
         - need to begin sanitizing the Layered Build [in addition to?] the Monoloithic Build
         - Saul looking into options...
    - Reviews: anyone?
         - Kris: a few minor reviews need workflow so she can close them off before she's gone (stx-metal, stx-integration, stx-tools)
              - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/703221/ - integ
              - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/702762/ - metal (need to trigger build, then ready for reviews)
              - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/703879/ - tools - workflow added! thank you!
    - CentOS 8: good progress discussed in distro non-openstack call
         - Austin: working on an incremental approach, starting with the kernel upgrade; multiple risk items have been retired
         - Saul: still lots of reviews to review
         - https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:centos8+(status:open)+AND+projects:starlingx/

- Topics for this week
    - StarlingX space and time request for the PTG in Vancouver (ildikov)
         - time for us to give them our requirements - need to get this to them by this time next week
         - event is from June 8th: https://www.openstack.org/events/opendev-ptg-2020/
         - we agreed to go with 1 day, we'll likely have 15-20 people
    - Layered Build! http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-February/007752.html
         - see notes about Sanity above
         - the docs re: build workflow are in review
         - Saul reports that he has done layered builds successfully, as has the team in India
    - Mid-Cycle Meetup (Bruce)
         - team from China will be unable to travel - do we want to hold the meeting w/out them or consider rescheduling?
         - delaying it would mean it starts bumping up into the PTG (early June)
         - agreed that we'll carry on with the mid-cycle meeting, and will time-shift to allow folks from China to participate via Zoom
    - Stale references to Ironic on IRC
         - Ian has asked some folks to look into it
         - Kris said the Docs team will re-visit the wiki content to check for what's outdated/deprecatable

- Open Requests for Help
    - stx-openstack fails reapply: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-February/007728.html
         - Yong will look into it, though it's likely not purely an OpenStack thing (i.e. could be a Container thing)
    - the way to enable swift in starlingx: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-February/007758.html
         - normally this would be for the Storage team to look into, but they've been re-orged
         - Frank will ask someone on his team if they can help