[Starlingx-discuss] [docs][meeting] docs team meeting minutes 2020-02-12

Dale, Kristal kristal.dale at intel.com
Wed Feb 12 23:18:18 UTC 2020

Hello All,

Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes.

Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  *   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  *   Our tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

Cheers,
Kris

2020-02-12
*         All -- reviews merged since last week: 8
*         All -- bug status -- no change
*         Opens

  *   Kris -- Assignment of R4 doc tasks - Ping Ghada (KRIS - DONE)

  *   Kris -- Training review:https://review.opendev.org/#/c/706629/
?  This is actually a repeat of pretty much everything on OpenStack.
?  Worth instead expanding current doc contribution doc w/ section that refers users to the correct info (setup, config, etc) on openstack, plus outlines the bits for STX? (eg. docs pull content from all projects, explain doc structure) - My cheatsheet is more or less covered by OpenStack content (except testing repos theme locally)

  *   All -- Docs content versioning. Currently manual on just the Install guides. Need to look into long term approach (assuming all Install, Ops, and Config guides will be release specific).
?  Q1. How many versions do we want to keep available at a given time? (Is there a way that we can essentially 'freeze' a older version, and not actively build it any more? E.g. just reference the last built html.)
?  Q2. Can we transition to making releases of docs to match releases of STX? Does this make sense? (does it allow contributions to the upcoming release?)
?  Q3. What do OpenStack projects do? https://docs.openstack.org/horizon/train/ (version switcher), https://docs.openstack.org/ironic/latest/index.html (switch in URL, w/ explanation), https://docs.openstack.org/keystone/latest/install/index.html (switch in URL)

  *   All -- Wiki status
?  Revisit planned migration of wiki content: lets close this out (see yellow). https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UJjUttsWQRyauATrip0wKGIxSO7DvyetDKmPwvEIDaA/edit?usp=sharing
?  Someone using an out-of-date set of install instructions? See http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-January/007651.html
*         How did they find this? Findable via search. https://wiki.openstack.org/w/index.php?search=simplex&fulltext=Search&searchToken=9i4iqzaqsb3qpuja8mni4d6c7
*         We need to clean out old content. Check search results
*         Found on wiki
o    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Installation_libvirt_qemu
o    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Installation_Guide_Virtual_Environment/Simplex
o    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Installation_Guide_Virtual_Environment/Duplex
o    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Installation_Guide_Virtual_Environment/Controller_Storage
o    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Installation_Guide_Virtual_Environment/Dedicated_Storage
o    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Docs_and_Infra/InstallationGuides/virtual-AIO-Simplex/Access-StarlingX-OpenStack
o    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Docs_and_Infra/InstallationGuides/virtual-AIO-Simplex/Access-StarlingX-Kubernetes
o    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Docs_and_Infra/InstallationGuides/configurationOptions
?  What steps are needed to stop chasing the split of content between wiki and docs?

  *   Windows Active Dir content (Kris) - pending R4 baseline refresh

  *
*         All -- Ongoing tasks:

  *   Kris -- misc doc clean up -- all approved thanks to the community!

  *   Kris -- R4 install guides - terms refresh. Review ready, pending merging of R4 updates so I can rebase before creating a review.

  *   STX in a box: (https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006622)
?  Draft in review https://review.opendev.org/#/c/692202/
?  Next steps (GREG)
*         Kris -- Transition plan: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/docs-transition-plan