[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call (Jan 8, 2020)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Jan 8 16:30:27 UTC 2020

Notes from today's meeting...

- Test Hack-a-thon - planning for next week
    - per email from Ian: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-December/007353.html
      - communication
           - devote the IRC channel to the hack-a-thon
           - other ideas?  open a Zoom channel?
           - generally, how to stay in synch globally so our work doesn't collide
           - consensus seems to be a combination of...
              - IRC: for detailed communication
              - Etherpad: to capture the backlog, work item list
              - Mailing List: daily summary, for all to see, of the progress
      - proposed areas
           - starlingx/config (sysinv)
              - armada application life cycle management (kube_app)
              - api semantic validation (corner cases)
              - host system data generation (puppet/helm)
              - rpc callback interfaces
              - target as many varied system configurations (AIO-SX/DX+, Standard, Storage, IPv4, IPv6, etc)
              - agent auto inventory and host state management ** target conductor logic
           - starlingx/ansible-playbooks
              - fix Ansible lint errors so that it can be fully enabled
              - target as many varied system configurations
              - test non-default configurations
              - backup/restore
              - upgrades
      - next steps
           - create new etherpad for the Hack-a-thon
           - organize it...
              - decompose each item into discrete items that folks can work on
              - make it clear who's working on what
              - also note who is the prime for each area
           - checkpoint on next week's Community call to see how things are going

- Intel internal changes (brucej)
    - most of the Intel folks have moved to the IOTG group
    - several of them will *not* be moving to IOTG, so will moving away from StarlingX
    - this is effective as of yesterday - sanity will continue for a little while (just the automated stuff)
    - Intel will work on moving the test activity to another group, no definitive timeline for this now
      - AR: Bruce to determine what the timeline is for having the new group in place
      - AR: Ada/Yang to assess the immediate-term impact

- Reference material for StarlingX flock components (Frank): http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2020-January/007404.html
    - per Bruce, where is the long term home for this content?
    - there's a link to this from the developer resources page on the wiki
    - Yong has shared with the folks in China
    - Kris will potentially look at adding stuff like this in an appropriate place in the docs

- Mid-Cycle meetup for the community @ Intel's Chandler (Phoenix AZ) campus.  When can/do we want to do this? (brucej)
    - late Feb, early March?
    - Bruce will propose March 3/4 to the mailing list
    - we'll set up some kind of registration form for this, maybe an etherpad

- Standing Topics - time permitting
    - Sanity: all green recently
    - Reviews needing input
      - Saul: CentOS 8 continuing effort - keep reviewing
      - discussion about test coverage on the feature branch before we bring it into master
      - etherpad to track the testing - make sure we've got a comprehensive list of tests that we need to run/pass before merging to master
      - make this a standing topic for this meeting, review the Etherpad (assuming there's a summary on the Etherpad)
      - Saul: pbr versioning reviews - some discussion ensued, Bart to take a 2nd look
    - Unanswered Requests for Help on Mailing List
      - didn't get to this this week
    - AR review
      - calsoft/saichandu- Any update on the image/Doc for StarlingX AIO openstack--  http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-November/007064.html
      - didn't get to this this week