[Starlingx-discuss] [docs][meeting] docs team meeting minutes 2020-01-08

Dale, Kristal kristal.dale at intel.com
Thu Jan 9 02:33:40 UTC 2020

Hello All,

Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes.

Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  *   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  *   Our tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation


Current agenda and notes

*         All -- reviews in progress and recent merges -- https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:starlingx/docs

  *   Active:
?  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/701474/ - bug fix - Who can help me clarify dist cloud instructions for AIO Simplex on a subcloud? (Greg, Dariush)
?  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/701470/ - bug fix
?  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/695627/ - Move to new OpenStack - pending tech review
?  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/699517/ - R2.0.2 release notes - staged for release
?  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/693761/ - Still pending dependency, merge conflict fixed
?  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/692202/ - STX in a box - pending

  *   Stale:
?  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/660154/ - Containers FAQ (move from wiki) - Q's re criteria for moving content from wiki to docs. Lets define this criteria!
*         Kris - look back in notes for list of wiki topics to be migrated.
?  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/608214/ - python tox update from Jan 2019. Need to review to see if still relevant.
?  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/617965/2 - Still relevant?

  *   Stale (Marked abandoned to reset for 2020) - suggest followup review to confirm minor edits/typos covered in current version of pages.
?  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/626414/ - Abandoned
?  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/629643/ - Abandoned
?  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/625118/ - Abandoned
?  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/626042/ - Abandoned
?  https://review.opendev.org/#/c/626040/ - Abandoned
*         All -- bug status -- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.docs
*         Kris -- Releases

  *   R3.0 - remaining items flagged for R3: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/list?tags=stx.docs&tags=stx.3.0

  *   R2.0.2 Early Q1'20 - Release notes prepped. https://review.opendev.org/#/c/699517/1

  *   R3.0.1 - Early Q1'20 (likely w/ R2.0.2). Will require release notes.

  *   R4.0 - planning - Engage with engineering teams once planning is finalized.  ID features/updates requiring docs, and people on teams to contribute.
?  Docs are included as a priorty 1 for R4 release.
?  R4 planned features: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a93wt0XO0_JvajnPzQwnqFkXfdDysKVnHpbrEc17_yg/edit#gid=1107209846 (KRIS)
*         Kris -- Ongoing tasks:

  *   Kris -- STX in a box: (https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006622)
?  Draft in review https://review.opendev.org/#/c/692202/
?  Hosting qcow2 images: Updated image/build instructions provided. Instructions still inadequate. Need to meet with author.

  *   Greg/Kris -- semi urgent docs update -- Need to update R3 docs to provide caution re updating Kubernetes secrets (untill long term approach is implemented)
?  We don't yet know where this landed.

  *   Mike/Linja/Huifeng/David --  adding video to StarlingX.io -- Video posted: https://youtu.be/6IhWPaRD7Po
?  Final location? Huifeng suggests adding to https://docs.starlingx.io/operations/tsn.html instead of the Wiki (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Networking/TSN , which is supposed to be Outdated)
*         Final location: Add to TSN page in docs. See if we can embed the vid. If not, use a simple text link.

  *   Mike -- Adding article to StarlingX.io -- In progress https://01.org/blogs/vmrod25/2019/accelerating-ai-workloads-starlingx-edge-servers-using-x86-technology
?  Lets do this as a blog post: https://www.starlingx.io/blog/
?  Need to write a summary (Mike), then link to article. Submit as a PR to site (Kris).
?  Target - first part of January

  *   Bruce -- Improve www.starlingx.io<http://www.starlingx.io/> -- https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2007029
?  Get started link will be an easy change - make PR as soon as ready.
?  Note that the marketing call handles larger changes related to website (graphics, design, etc). https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings#8am_Pacific_-_Community_Marketing_Planning_Call
?  Put together requirements together, then attend the marketing call (coordinate with Ildiko) (Kris will coord requirements)
*         Kris -- Planning -- Will be consolidating potential content/tasks, as well as existing stories, to use as basis for planning leading up to R4 release.

  *   Documentation backlog: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-docs-backlog
*         Bruce/Mike -- Intel reorg - impact to docs? Looking into new structure/org.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/attachments/20200109/96b772ba/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the Starlingx-discuss mailing list