[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: StarlingX Release Meeting - Jan 23/2020

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Sat Jan 25 00:30:29 UTC 2020

Agenda/Minutes are posted at:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-releases

Release Team Meeting - January 23 2020
stx.4.0
- New features to consider for 4.0 (brucej)
          - Intel Vista Creek support - customer request
                      - We already have a feature in stx.4.0 for this
                      - We have been waiting for all the required drivers to be made upstream
                      - Need to influence the time-line of getting the dependent code in the open
          - Secure Device Onboarding support - https://software.intel.com/en-us/secure-device-onboard
                      - Keep on the watch list -- TBD whether this gets delivered in stx.4.0
                      - Next step is to work on a spec. Yong Hu will be the prime.
          - Stretch: ACRN integration
                      - Small footprint industrial hypervisor.
                      - Right now, this is in the exploration phase. Just bringing visibility that Intel will be looking into this.
          - Stretch: TSN for Kata Containers
                      - We already have a feature in stx.4.0 for this.
                      - Yong will take this over as the prime (instead of Huifeng)

- OVS DPDK containerization - Intel cannot take on this work for 4.0
          - No issues raised. The release team will consider this out of stx.4.0.

- Ceph Containerization/Rook with Bluestore for 4.0 - Intel SH team intends to deliver this
          - We still need to discuss this at the F2F
          - Feature is continuing

- CentOS 8
          - Dependencies are coming in very late. Not much available for StarlingX to make progress.
                      - It would be too much work for the StarlingX team to take on the work to meet the required dependencies
          - Right now, the work is too big -- including CentOS8, python3 & ceph containerization
                      - Can we divide this into smaller pieces?  ...and tackle a smaller scope for stx.4.0 and continue in stx.5.0
                      - perhaps stick w/ python2
          - Need to have a deep dive in with the distro.other team to determine options

- Milestone-1
          - Criteria - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Release_Plan#Release_Milestones
                      - Release priorities and major features defined.
                      - High level resourcing secured.
          - Only concern is the test resource ramp
                      - Bruce is visiting Romania in two weeks.to work out a plan. He feels confident we can succeed.
          - Agreed to declare the milestone