[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: StarlingX Release Meeting - Jan 23/2020
Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Sat Jan 25 00:30:29 UTC 2020
Agenda/Minutes are posted at:
Release Team Meeting - January 23 2020
- New features to consider for 4.0 (brucej)
- Intel Vista Creek support - customer request
- We already have a feature in stx.4.0 for this
- We have been waiting for all the required drivers to be made upstream
- Need to influence the time-line of getting the dependent code in the open
- Secure Device Onboarding support - https://software.intel.com/en-us/secure-device-onboard
- Keep on the watch list -- TBD whether this gets delivered in stx.4.0
- Next step is to work on a spec. Yong Hu will be the prime.
- Stretch: ACRN integration
- Small footprint industrial hypervisor.
- Right now, this is in the exploration phase. Just bringing visibility that Intel will be looking into this.
- Stretch: TSN for Kata Containers
- We already have a feature in stx.4.0 for this.
- Yong will take this over as the prime (instead of Huifeng)
- OVS DPDK containerization - Intel cannot take on this work for 4.0
- No issues raised. The release team will consider this out of stx.4.0.
- Ceph Containerization/Rook with Bluestore for 4.0 - Intel SH team intends to deliver this
- We still need to discuss this at the F2F
- Feature is continuing
- CentOS 8
- Dependencies are coming in very late. Not much available for StarlingX to make progress.
- It would be too much work for the StarlingX team to take on the work to meet the required dependencies
- Right now, the work is too big -- including CentOS8, python3 & ceph containerization
- Can we divide this into smaller pieces? ...and tackle a smaller scope for stx.4.0 and continue in stx.5.0
- perhaps stick w/ python2
- Need to have a deep dive in with the distro.other team to determine options
- Criteria - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Release_Plan#Release_Milestones
- Release priorities and major features defined.
- High level resourcing secured.
- Only concern is the test resource ramp
- Bruce is visiting Romania in two weeks.to work out a plan. He feels confident we can succeed.
- Agreed to declare the milestone
More information about the Starlingx-discuss