[Starlingx-discuss] [docs][meeting] docs team meeting minutes 2020-01-29

Dale, Kristal kristal.dale at intel.com
Wed Jan 29 21:17:16 UTC 2020

Hello All,

Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes.

Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  *   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  *   Our tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

Cheers,
Kris

2020-01-29
*         All -- reviews merged since last week: 3

  *   Needs review: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/owner:kristal.dale%2540intel.com+status:open (related to config update on docs projects)
*         All -- bug status -- 2 open and assigned, 1 resolved since last week.
*         Kris -- Releases

  *   R4.0 - target release date is July 3, 2020.
?  Code freeze end of May

  *   Do we know if there will be R2.0.2? - mark invalid.
*         All -- Ongoing tasks:

  *   Kris -- misc doc clean up -- reviews made, pending approvals.

  *   Kris -- STX in a box: (https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006622)
?  Draft in review https://review.opendev.org/#/c/692202/
?  Hosting qcow2 images: Ask author to join build meeting in 2 weeks. Confirmed.
?  Suggest I transfer ownership of this coordination now (See if Scott Little can take this.)

  *   Greg (was Abraham) -- Review these code and terminology changes impacting user docs -- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sCB-lrWhDIJLNAGWBt7wJ1_JxY21m71p -- and report back on specific actions required.(Look for email from Greg. Summary: no action required).
?  Possible AR (KRIS): terminology clean up. There are storage, worker, and controller nodes. A worker can be labelled as a 'compute' node (a special case of a worker node).
*         R4 planning:

  *   R4 target content (P1): https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/list?status=active&tags=stx.4.0&project_id=1046
?  All agreed?
?  Will contact project leads to get assigned.

  *   Do we want to ID P2, P3s?   <-- GREG: Is this related to 'existing pre-R4 behaviour' not documented ?
?  Can't remember where our candidate list was ?
?  Prio 2: Should have for R4 release
?  Prio 3: Nice to have
*         Transition plan: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/docs-transition-plan

  *   Lets finalize. What is missing?
*         AR: Kris -- add gerrit/git process notes to Bruce's training review (when training is done)

StarlingX Docs Storyboard: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/list?status=active&project_id=1046

StarlingX Docs potential content/tasks: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-docs-backlog

Reviews in progress and recent merges: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:starlingx/docs

  *   Open reviews: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:starlingx/docs+status:open