[Starlingx-discuss] Help Shape the Track Content for OpenDev + PTG, June 8-11 in Vancouver
ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 09:56:25 UTC 2020
Hopefully by now you’ve heard about our upcoming event, OpenDev + PTG Vancouver, June 8-11, 2020. We need your help shaping this event! Our vision is for the content to be programmed by you-- the community. OSF is looking to kick things off by selecting members for OpenDev Programming Committees for each Track. That Program Committee will then select Moderators who will lead interactive discussions on a particular topic within the track. Below you'll have the opportunity to nominate yourself for a position on the Programming Committee, as a Moderator, or both, as well as suggesting specific Topics within each Track. PTG programming will kick off in the coming weeks.
If you’re interested in volunteering as an OpenDev Programming Committee member, discussion Moderator, or would like to suggest topics for moderated discussions within a particular Track, please __read the details below__, and then fill out this form.
We’re looking for subject matter experts on the following OpenDev Tracks:
- Hardware Automation (accelerators, provisioning hardware, networking)
- Large-scale Usage of Open Source Infrastructure Software (scale pain points, multi-location, CI/CD)
- Containers in Production (isolation, virtualization, telecom containers)
- Key Challenges for Open Source in 2020 (beyond licensing, public clouds, ethics)
__OpenDev Programming Committee__ members will:
• Work with other Committee members, which will include OSF representatives, to curate OpenDev content based on subject expertise, community input, and relevance to open source infrastructure
• Promote the individual Tracks within your networks
• Review community input and suggestions for Track discussions
• Solicit moderators from your network if you know someone who is a subject matter expert
• Ensure diversity of speakers and companies represented in your Track
• Focus topics around on real-world user stories and technical, in-the-trenches experiences
Programming Committee members need to be available during the following dates/time commitments:
• 8 - 10 hours from February - May for bi-weekly calls with your Track's Programming Committee (plus a couple of OSF representatives to facilitate the call)
• OpenDev, June 8 - 10, 2020 (not required, but preferred)
• Programming Committee members will receive a complimentary pass to the event
Programming Committees will be comprised of a few people per Track who will work to select a handful of topics and moderators for each Track. The exact topic counts will be determined before Committees begin deciding.
__OpenDev Discussion Moderators__ will
• Be appointed by the Programming Committees
• Facilitate discussions within a particular Track
• Have adequate knowledge and experience to lead and moderate discussion around certain topics during the event
• Work with Programming Committee to decide focal point of discussion
Moderators need to be available to attend OpenDev, June 8 - 10, 2020, and will receive a complimentary pass.
Programming Committee nominations are open until __February 11__. Deadlines to volunteer to be a moderator and suggest topics will be in late February.
Nominate yourself or suggest discussion topics here: https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/opendev_vancouver2020_volunteer
The OpenStack Foundation
More information about the Starlingx-discuss