[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 2020-07-08

Camp, MaryX maryx.camp at intel.com
Wed Jul 8 23:14:15 UTC 2020

Hello all,
Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].
Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings
  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation

thanks,
Mary Camp
==========
2020-07-08
. All -- reviews merged since last meeting:  4

. All -- bug status -- 7 total, 4 WIP
	o [ww28]  Explain Kubernetes NodePort restrictions [WIP]
	o [ww26] 2: Intel N3000 FPGA Support - Device Image Flashing & FEC Interface (combined into 1 review) [WIP]
	o [ww25] 2: Change $Home in build docs  [AR MARY CLOSE] and Remove hardcoded "r1" in build scripts & docs [not started]
	o [ww24] Document packaging esp. build-srpm.data [WIP]
	o [ww20] Networking documentation [not started]

. Reviews in progress:
	o Update .gitreview for r/stx.4.0   https://review.opendev.org/#/c/740036/  AR Mary to figure out what happens next...
		. Old R3 branching review is here: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/696553/  It was abandoned because docs weren't branched back then (Dec 2019)
	o 2 reviews to enable the "Version" dropdown on the HTML pages:  We will not maintain releases >2 versions back (n & n-1). After R4.0 is released, then R3 will be last supported version.
		. https://review.opendev.org/#/c/740072/   Update to titlerow.html in starlingxdocstheme
		. https://review.opendev.org/#/c/739636/   Update to conf.py in starlingx/docs repo
	o Update Backup & restore guide for rook https://review.opendev.org/#/c/739900/
	o Updates on R4 OpenStack install guide (duplicate R3 changes + editorial) https://review.opendev.org/#/c/739271/
	o Rook migration editorial  NOT officially in r4.0 but code will merge quickly afterwards. AR MARY figure out how to handle. Should be tied to the code merge -- Orig review 723291 has link to story https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005527
	o Modifying layered build commands (add pike / remove pike)  This review is valid for the current situation: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/717424/
		. Saul's review is valid for "future" situation -- we think will be merged in next couple of weeks https://review.opendev.org/#/c/693761/

. All -- R4 target content: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/list?status=active&tags=stx.4.0&project_id=1046
	o Assignment of R4 doc tasks
		. These stories have no assigned person:
		. https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2007222 (update dist cloud bare metal install w/ redfish info)  Dariush pointed me to Eric.MacDonald at windriver.com
		. https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006588 (updates for Dist Cloud)  Retagged for STX 5.0

. All -- Opens
	o Greg sent 2 documents for discussion: upfront planning for wind river upstreaming of docs in August
		. Team agreed that this is a great start to the upstreaming. Next steps, he will meet with WR writers to discuss the plan, explain the process for doc reviews, etc.

. Short discussion about future planning:  [17Jun20] keep here for reference.
	1. After R4 release, we will branch the documentation. This will get docs set up for item 2.
	2. Upstream the Wind River Cloud Platform docs. This activity is still in planning/resource gathering stage.